Suprass 1 MWh yesterday

autoxsteve
autoxsteve Solar Expert Posts: 114 ✭✭✭✭
Yesterday, my grid tie system surpassed 1 MWh produced. System install was completed on Mar 7. Authorization fropm SCE occurred on Mar 17.

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: Suprass 1 MWh yesterday

WOW! Congratulations!!
    Wish it could be me saying that :)
    And one big plus - - - you're contributing to the preservation of the planet through the production of renewable energy!
    Way to go autoxsteve.

Wayne
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

either your pvs are outputting more than rated or you are getting over 6.8 hours of full rated sun every day. what was used to measure the watthours with as this could be slightly off too?
  • autoxsteve
    autoxsteve Solar Expert Posts: 114 ✭✭✭✭

the display on the Fronius inverter.

Almost every day has been clear since this was installed. I'm now getting this system running for 12 hours, 55 minutes. I've got a daily log where I record time the inverter is runing, peak W per day, total kWh produced (per day), and what my meter is at at sundown.

Since I started recording this (on Mar 18th) I have spun off 355 kWh of power (in addition to what I have consumed)..... 8^)
  • Roderick
    Roderick Solar Expert Posts: 253 ✭✭

What, already!?? You punk! We installed our array in the fall, and didn't reach 1000 kWh until almost spring!

I think you're in for a pleasant surprise at the 1-year mark, vs. your estimated annual energy output.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Major Congrats!! This is a huge milestone to reach.
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

I'm doing just over 70 kWh/Day right now, gotta love the Florida dry season and the long days!