DR and SW Xantrex inverters

Options
stooper2
stooper2 Solar Expert Posts: 41 ✭✭
Hey guys / gals,

I know that Xantrex is stopping production (stopped?) on the SW and are switching to the XW, but I just read on here somewhere that the same will happen with the DR series.

I figured they would be phasing these Modified inverters out at some point but I was wondering if Xantrex had anything planned for a substitute?

Again, great site and a pleaseure to read "everyday".

Rick

Comments

• Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: DR and SW Xantrex inverters

Sometime this summer they are supposed to start replacing the DR line, but so far no exact dates (and the estimate has slipped from "early Spring").

The SW's are pretty much gone, but the XW line is still not completely filled out.

I am guessing that the DR replacements will be delayed as much as the XW were, so realistically we are expecting to drop the DR's in late summer.
  • stooper2
    Options

Thanks for the reply.

So they are going to replace the DR line. Interesting. Any idea as what the replacement will be?
  • Windsun
    Options

I don't have the info anymore on the DR replacements, but essentially production has stopped on the DR's. Still quite a few available of some models, but we are recommending the Magnum for modified sine wave inverters for now.
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options

Magnums have power factor corrected charging on all models including modified sine wave well thats a big plus for everyone !

Hope the replacement X units follow the theme, hope OB pick up the challenge soon or XW units in the big leauge will start winning,FX XW whot do I know ?
  • Windsun
    Options

Overall for a mod sine inverter, the Magnums are much better than the DR's, but Xantrex is much better known.

No data or specs yet at all for the Xantrex DR replacements.
  • stooper2
    Options

Thanks for the replies everyone.

After many hours of reading (ok, maybe not hours) I found out that the replacement for the DR will be the TR and should be out in May or June.

I think if this were the case, there would have been the odd rumble here or there about them. Maybe not.

Windsun,

I have heard the same about the Magnums but as you stated, Xantrex (Trace') name are much more common for sure.

Thanks guys.