Another Mx60 Question?

2»

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: Another Mx60 Question?

Yes Backroad, you are right about what I'm powering, number of batteries etc. The big difference is between my consumption of energy and yours. I never leave things on when they're not actually in use. (other than the freezer and fridge of course) Also, I put my full size PC into semi-retirement and go with a laptop. Reason? Kill a Watt showed me the full size PC was sucking back almost 200 watts! The laptop is faster and only uses around 18, or 20 watts. Huge saving there. TV is never on if not being watched. Likewise, only lights that need to be on, are on. I only use what power I need to use.
    I work with nature, instead of trying to fight it all the time and take what I want, when I want it. It's a way of life, it's the way I am.
    My father used to have his house lit like a whore house on a Saturday night. His reason: "No one's going to say I'm too mean to turn my lights on."
    Me? I find subdued lighting far more relaxing. And, I hate waste.
    I agree with Crewzer, I match my loads to what's available, or at least I try to. It's still a learning process for me, but I am learning :)
    Cheers and all the best
    Wayne
  • backroad
    backroad Solar Expert Posts: 185 ✭✭

Crewzer, I definitely gain on the batteries during the day. Today it actually seem to go to the float mode for a short time. Like we agreed on previously, another 750 watts of panels should be enough...
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭

Today it actually seem to go to the float mode for a short time...

Great news!! :cool:

Thx,
    Jim / crewzer