pmw controller TK40DU Code error E40

faithpembo
faithpembo Registered Users, Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3
I have a pmw controller TK40DU which give the error Code error E40, which I am unable to correct it. 
This suddenly happens when I connected to the 24v load.

Now the load indicator is not showing but it still continue gives out DC power even when the batteries are low

The system also doesn't allow me to adjust the LVD, LVR, Floating, and absorb voltage.
Thank you

Comments

• faithpembo
    Sorry! Correction. It's Code error E14
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,594 admin
    I did not find a manual with a quick search... The basic questions:

https://www.hanfsolar.com/product/28.html

You are using a 24 volt battery?

You connected the TK controller to the battery bus first, then to the solar array second? (most auto detect controllers need to connect to the battery bus first to boot the processor and figure out the battery voltage of 12 or 24 volts... Then connect solar array).

The batteries are >~18 volts (to trip 24 volt battery selection).

Using a volt meter, what is the battery bus voltage and what is the Load Voltage when this all fails?

What is the Load Current (controller should support a max load current of 40 amps).

What is the size (Amp*Hours and voltage) of the battery bank. What is the length of wiring from battery bank to charge controller, and diameter/Guage of the battery wiring (too small of battery bank AH, too small of controller cabling, too long of controller cabling can cause excessive voltage drop)...

Make sure all electrical connection are clean and tight.

The basics...

Looking at the Chinese version of the TK50 manual, there is section 5.1 error codes, and an Ex4 error codes...

Ex4
    Load short circuit protection
    Carefully check the load connection, use the button to turn on the load after removing the load short circuit fault, or wait for 2 minutes and then the controller will automatically turn on the load.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • faithpembo
    Thank you Bill

I am using 24v system. I've been using this for over 2 years and now it happens to have code error E14

I did everything as you explained but still the code error E14 remains.

As I've said, no indication of load even you turn it off or on. The output load is still 24v without load indication . The battery bank is charging very effectively - no problem with that. My concern is, How can I fix code error E14?

Thank you
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disconnect solar, disconnect load, disconnect battery. Wait 5 minutes or so. Reconnect battery, reconnect solar, reconnect load being careful to keep polarities correct.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,594 admin
    Per little harbor 2, trying for a controller power on reset....
    If does not fix may have to find a replacement (or use a second lvd cutoff device for your loads).
    Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset