anyone recognize this brand CC and Inverter

Options
moonbow
moonbow Registered Users Posts: 21 ✭✭
Hello everyone, I am trying to decode which CC and Inverter an elderly couple is using in their system. They cannot remember what they have and they are not near the equipment so they cannot go look. The pic they sent me is blurry upon blow-up. Anyway, Here is the photo. Anyone recognize the white with green stripe. My best guess is that this equpment dates to between 2000 and 2010. Thanks

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most likely Trace, possibly Trace/Xantrex

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• moonbow
    Options
    You nailed it!! Thanks so much
  • littleharbor2
    Options
    Some of the best built off grid equipment ever made. That's why it's still running. Thing is, that isn't a Pure Sine Wave inverter.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• moonbow
    Options
    Looks like a Trace Dr series Inverter/Charger and a Trace Engineering DC175 DC Disconnect / Overcurrent Module. From what I glean from looking online, this equipment dates from 1998ish.
  • moonbow
    Options
    You are correct. I found an online manual and it seems that it is a modified sine wave inverter. Is it correct that this means it's not safe for sensitive electronics like laptops? Is it guaranteed not safe, like "I'll ruin my laptop" or potentially unsafe like "it MIGHT ruin my laptop"?
  • littleharbor2
    Options
    Most, if not all, stuff seems to run OK off those DR inverters. Still better off with new PSW inverters.