Advantages of Solar Energy Storage System

Options
Celes
Celes Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭

1. Helps you gain control

By using a storage system, you will get more control over how you use your energy and how to manage the excess of it. With solar power setups, you need to install panels and use a grid to plug them in to produce energy. With batteries or solar storage systems, you can store excess energy to use anytime when your system cannot generate as much energy as you need.

2. Gives you energy autonomy

A solar battery system is a wonderful solution for your stores, homes, and offices where you need energy all the time. Specifically, it is helpful when you live in an area where the grid is unstable. If you want to power all the time, you cannot take risks by entirely depending on the grid for power. The battery system provides electricity when you need it.

3. Reduce Carbon Footprints

Installing solar batteries can give you energy independence and makes you self-sufficient in the long run. These batteries are essential for those who believe in clean energy. Nowadays, many people want to stop the usage of traditional fossil fuels for a sustainable future.

4. Demand charge reduction.

Depending on location, many commercial and industrial facilities are subject to demand charges on their energy bills. These charges are based on the 15-minute period in which the demand for energy is highest throughout the day and in some cases, can account for 50 percent of the total energy bill.

5. Maximizing time-of-use rates. Energy storage systems can shift consumption of electricity from expensive periods of high demand to periods of lower cost electricity during low demand. This reduces the risk of lowering the value of on-site solar if tariff structures change over time, and peak demand periods shift to the evening when the sun isn’t shining.

If you have any opinions, pls feel free to leave your comments.

Comments

• Cottonwe
    Cottonwe Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited January 12 #2
    Options
    By reducing your reliance on traditional fossil fuels, solar batteries help decrease carbon footprints, making them ideal for those who champion clean energy and a sustainable future.
    Commercial and industrial facilities in certain areas deal with demand charges that can significantly hike up energy bills. Solar storage systems can help trim these costs.
    Additionally, these systems are like energy wizards, shifting electricity usage to cheaper off-peak hours, maximizing your savings.
    And if you're looking to enhance your setup, consider checking out lifepo4 cylindrical cells. They're like the sturdy anchor of your energy system, ensuring reliability.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 7 #3
    Options
    Let us hope that there will be new technology to make it easier for China and India  (to name a few) to not burn coal and negate any savings that "clean energy mentality" has already done. 

We need the little green men (pronoun warning) and the grey ones pretty badly for other things also on Earth in these times! A wisdom download please!

I spent 2 hours in a storm yesterday  (again) charging a friends electric car up on the Mountain above me. Lucky for me he has a nice checking account!  Not to mention me hacking into his 700$ charging cable to connect to a  gas genset.  Cheers on my footprints! 

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• BryceFreeman
    BryceFreeman Registered Users Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options
    Every country around the world is making efforts to reduce carbon foorprints to save the planet so no need to mention a certain country name I think. It's better to avoid any potential bias.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,448 admin
    Options
    Many countries are addressing their energy usages according to their needs and issues... And reducing carbon footprint is not always on their road map (at least at this time):

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/02/1160441919/china-is-building-six-times-more-new-coal-plants-than-other-countries-report-fin

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/india-scrambles-add-coal-fired-power-capacity-avoid-outages-sources-2023-11-29/

Carbon footprint is probably much less of an issue vs non-carbon pollution issues (in my humble opinion). CO2 is a fertilizer and (appears to be) accounting for a "greening" of deserts:

https://www.nasa.gov/technology/carbon-dioxide-fertilization-greening-earth-study-finds/

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

Results showed that carbon dioxide fertilization explains 70 percent of the greening effect, said co-author Ranga Myneni, a professor in the Department of Earth and Environment at Boston University. “The second most important driver is nitrogen, at 9 percent. So we see what an outsized role CO2 plays in this process.”

If CO2 is causing "global warming"--This actually (on average) is not a bad thing:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshuacohen/2023/07/19/excessive-summer-heat-can-kill-but-extreme-cold-causes-more-fatalities/?sh=572905b31d88

Interestingly, during the 2000-2019 period examined in the study, while heat-related deaths rose, deaths from cold exposure fell. And they decreased by a larger amount than the increase in heat-related fatalities. Overall, researchers estimated that approximately 650,000 fewer people worldwide died from temperature exposure during the 2000-2019 period than in the 1980s and 1990s.

To show just how great the disparity was between cold- and heat-related deaths, looking specifically at England and Wales there were on average nearly 800 excess deaths associated with heat and 60,500 associated with cold between 2000 and 2019, according to the authors of the Lancet publication.

Air quality, water quality, land usage, etc. are something that "rich countries" can afford to address and that less rich countries should address but seem less able/less inclined (at this time):

https://www.iqair.com/world-most-polluted-countries (air quality PM2.5)

Newer coal fired plants with modern scrubbers are usually cleaner than old, poorly designed and maintained, coal fired power plants... 

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0048969720338481
    The installed capacity of power plants has increased since the 1990s in China due to the increasing demand for electricity (Fig. 1). During this period, air pollutant emissions from coal-fired power plants increased first and then decreased due to various control measures implemented. The results of air pollutant emission inventories and satellite observations support this conclusion
    I believe that we need to discuss the facts around the various issues. Ignoring them, does not help us to address these issues. But not "everyone" agrees how this should be done and by who. Editorial out of China:

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202106/1225792.shtml
    Of course, China still has its problems, including environmental protection issues. The country still has a long way to go to become fully modernized. However, we have already known what we should do, and are increasingly confident that we can solve those problems in a Chinese way.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every country around the world is making efforts to reduce carbon foorprints to save the planet so no need to mention a certain country name I think. It's better to avoid any potential bias.

You are certainly welcome to your own opinion!

I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • BryceFreeman
    BryceFreeman Registered Users Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you Bill and Marc, I'll read all the news listed.