Fall release of Schneider Home (all in one)

Options
Dave Angelini
Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
This release has been in process for 4 years and I think they will get this done, this time.  Time will tell.

Introducing Schneider Home

Early this year, Schneider Electric unveiled Schneider Home, a first-of-its-kind home energy management solution. Controlled by a single intuitive app, this innovative solution integrates a high-power solar inverter, home battery for clean energy storage, a smart electrical panel for load control, electric vehicle charger, and connected electric sockets and switches – making homes more efficient and sustainable.

• Schneider Pulse panel is the heart of the electrified home, a smart electrical panel that connects all your home’s energy sources.
  • Schneider Inverter is a high-power hybrid inverter for solar and storage that can be used for both solar-only installations and solar with storage.
  • Schneider Boost battery stores solar energy during the day so you can use it during peak rates for utility bill savings and reliable power during an outage.
  • Schneider Charge can use your home’s solar to charge your electric vehicles sustainably and reduce charging costs.
  • Schneider Touch connected switches and outlets provide convenient control and monitoring of your lights and appliances remotely.
  • Schneider Home app controls it all, giving you the power to monitor, control, and automate your entire home’s energy system all through one simple app.

Designed for all home energy needs, Schneider Home allows homeowners to save money by optimizing energy use with energy-saving settings and real-time monitoring while keeping them comfortable. Stay powered longer with fewer batteries by choosing where power goes during an outage. To learn more about Schneider Home, please visit schneiderhome.com.

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

Comments

• Graham Parkinson
    Graham Parkinson Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Thanks for this info Dave!

This might be good timing for us as we are have been planning a spring install of our full size off grid system.

Looks it will be like the bee's knees when it all comes out this fall, especially if the 7.7 kW (15 kW for 10 sec.) all-in-one inverter includes equivalent capabilities of both Schneider's XW inverter and their HV charge controllers and also adds arc detection and remote shutoff capabilities.  Sounds like the functionality of the Insight Home is also built in?

After wading through the currently fashionable promotional wadding, the announcement indicates that a 4 channel MPPT is included, with mention of "optimizers" (i.e. multi-channel MPPT?). No mention so far of the total PV capacity that can be connected.

The 10 kW-hr Boost LFP battery can supply 7kW power and up to 3 units can be daisy chained to make 30 kW-hr of storage.  Wonder if they have included self heating capability, which would seem important for an outdoor rated enclosure?

Good that Schneider seems to be taking a business lesson here from Apple about the benefits of an all-inclusive eco-system.

Offgrid in cloudy PNW

MacGyver'ed museum collection of panels, castoff batteries and generators - ready for state of art system install .... parade of surviving and dead generators: H650, Ryobi 900, Briggs and Scrap Iron 2000, H2200, H3000, Kubota 3500, Kubota 4500, Onan 7500

• Dave Angelini
    Options
    No specifics from me until a later date.   I have an NDA and only time will tell.   Personally I like individual components for Offgrid and I have an Android state of mind 😉

• SteveK
    SteveK Solar Expert Posts: 387 ✭✭
    Options
    All-in-ones seem to be the way of the future. Schneider is next level here. Waaay out forward.
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    Definitely with the load center being interactive. Waaay out.   Just not a big deal offgrid.in most cases that I know of.

• Dave Angelini
    edited September 2023 #6
    Options
    THE VENETIAN CONVENTION & EXPO CENTER CAESARS FORUM SEPTEMBER 11-14, LAS VEGAS, NV ... the largest clean energy event in North America returns to Las Vegas!  

Boost 10KWH battery below

• Graham Parkinson
    Graham Parkinson Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like the new Schneider All-in-One inverter uses their new high voltage battery (470V) and includes an integrated 4 channel MPPT with high voltage (600V) input. 

I like that it has only a 15 W night-time power draw which is an improvement over the 30 W of the XW!   It handles up to 15.4 kW of connected PV.

Incorporates PV Arc Fault, rapid shutdown and ground fault. Built in LAN and WiFi connectivity with integrated LTE cellular option - Lots to like about this unit!

The typically excellently detailed Schneider data sheet for their new All-In-One Inverter/MPPT is linked below:

https://diysolarforum.com/attachments/998-22921883_schneider-inverter-datasheet_gma-us_leaflet_xia-pdf.166226/

Offgrid in cloudy PNW

MacGyver'ed museum collection of panels, castoff batteries and generators - ready for state of art system install .... parade of surviving and dead generators: H650, Ryobi 900, Briggs and Scrap Iron 2000, H2200, H3000, Kubota 3500, Kubota 4500, Onan 7500

• Dave Angelini
    edited September 2023 #8
    Options
    Some price info on suggested retail price below.  Installers are getting good support and preorders are starting now in Vegas at RE+ tradeshow.
    When the store here gets it listed we will see how much support Schneider will offer for DIY.  Schneider has started a company sponsored
    installation company called Qmerit.  Schneider will also support independent folks like myself in the industry.

Since I am Offgrid based for my business,  I feel there will be some resistance to this offgrid.  I might be wrong😉   It is not mostly what my feedback reflected in our NDA.

I think that Schneider will do well with this product. With the NEM changes in California, it will be a hit there and in places like that. The Zero export and battery backup is something Schneider has excelled at.  Along with world class monitoring and control they are among the best.

Inverter, 7.7 kW, MSRP $3,349          Boost, 10 kWh, MSRP $6,216             Pulse CSED with Backup Control Module, MSRP $3,780                     
          Pulse CSED without Backup Control Module, MSRP $2,205                   Pulse Backup Controller, MSRP $2,019

https://go.schneider-electric.com/US_202309_Residential-Contractors_Schneider-Home-PreOrder_PreOrder-LP.html