Smart shunt showing very low input going into batteries

Options
learaviator
learaviator Registered Users Posts: 11 ✭✭
My Victron display is showing the batteries are only getting 0 to 75 watts.. They are at 63%, yet the panels are producing 1418 watts. There is nothing on in the house right now. It has been working flawlessly for a couple of months not sure what happened. My display on my Victron smart solar charge controller is showing 53 A 26.8 V. Is this just a display error on the control panel? Is there an issue with the smart shunt?

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If the panels are producing 1418 watts it has to be going somewhere.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• learaviator
    Options
    I agree, I believe it’s just the smart shunt. Think I’m going to shut the system down and start over.
  • learaviator
    Options
    Ok…I’m embarrassed…mystery solved. My wife had our golf cart plugged in….and started the crockpot without me knowing. Golf cart charger was pulling 660 watts alone…..All good now! 
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Doh!!!

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Been there, done that.  Look at one of the status meters and wonder where the heck the power is being used!!!  Oh yeah, I just plugged in the kettle, or toaster etc.  Short term memory ...something something something.