How to reduce a WZRELB /RELIABLE PURE sinewave inverter output voltage?

Options
Fabian
Fabian Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭
I have a WZRELB brand 24v 3000watt pure sinewave inverter. I notice the inverter at idle  it is producing about 114vac but as soon as u applied load it pumps up the output to around 135vac sometimes it reaches even 141vac which cause my fridge guard to chip to protect the fridge from high ⚡ I see 2 preset blue resistors inside but I am unsure as to which one to adjust to reduce the output voltage. Could you take a look at the photo and tell.me.if u figure out which one? They are rite beside the inductor on the rite side of the photo. The blue one exactly above the inductor is the closest one to the inverter output so I am assuming it's that one. Please tell me which one or what else i can do to reduce the output voltage.T hanks in advance.

Comments

• mvas
    mvas Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2023 #2
    Options
    Does your users manual have any information regarding voltage adjustment?  Do you have the schematic diagram? The voltage regulation of this inverter appears to be very poor. The high voltage readings may be due to a distorted sine wave and/or a true rms volt meter.
  • JRM
    JRM Registered Users Posts: 29 ✭✭
    Options
    This is an old post, so you might already have found a solution.  But I will chime in anyway.  I have a 48-volt 3500-watt inverter made several years ago by the same company, but it still appears to be for sale and, as I recall, came in different voltage and power options.  My unit didn't have the same behavior, but voltage was consistently low.  I contacted the manufacturer with an email through the company I purchased from (Ebay).  They responded with a picture (below) and directions about adjustment of a single, very small screw.  This took care of my inverter voltage problem.  I have other current delivery issues related to wire size and distance that cause a voltage drop when larger demand appliances (such as the microwave oven that is advertised as using 1000 watts) are turned on.  My solution was to up the voltage to about 120 volts so that larger appliances would be getting about 110 to 115 volts.  My TV and portable computer have power supplies that seem to even out voltage fluctuations.  I suppose refrigerators are different.  Another problem for me is travel trailer use.  Trailers have their own long cords plus conductor runs and their own batteries that are charged with a fairly high current demand coming on automatically, which makes total demand at any one time hard to predict. 

JRM
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Looks almost like  they might be using one of those EGxxxx sinewave inverter ICs on a cloned board ?

EGS002 EG8010 IR2110 Drive Module Pure Sine Wave Inverter Drive Board

You might be able to look this up and get an idea if that pot adjusts the voltage.  I bought one of these but never have hooked it up.

There are schematics online. You can try a search.  Many sources for these.