Camper Shell Solar, help me with details?

Options
solartrout
solartrout Registered Users Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in Solar Beginners Corner #1
OK, I've got all system  components acqured. HQST 100W 12v panel, Epever Tracer 4210AN controller and (finally) a 12v 50AH Lifepo4 battery. No need for an inverter as I have no need for shore power.
I have one 10AWG extension wire for the panel, to go into the shell, from the roof of the shell, and I'll use it for moving the panel from the roof to a ground mount for positioning for maximum harvest.
What I need is a recommendation for wire going from the controller to the battery. What size wire (8awg enough? VERY short run) and where can I get wire with a bare end and ring terminals for the other end, to attach to the battery?
At my age (68) This is the only solar system I'll ever build, and I can't justify blowing $50-100 for a crimping tool to create two wire connections. So where can I get a two-three-foot cable as described above, so I can get the show on the road? Can anyone help me?

Edit: Also, what things like fuses, battery shut offs and so forth do you recommend? I'm a total newb and while I've done a ton of reading, things get real, now, and experience matters. Please share yours. Thank you.

Comments