XW 6048 Config Error

Options
Pezquera
Pezquera Registered Users Posts: 9 ✭✭
I have e three XW6048 system and last week I got an ac fault F69 on one of them, I shut down the unit and when it restarted it came back wit a F66 fault, System configuration fault and I cannot get to see the unit on the control panel.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You will need alot more info to get a free diagnosis. Are there faults, warnings, events, on the specific unit?
    Where, when, how long, history, etc. This is an old first gen unit and history is critical for any useful advice!!!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Pezquera
    Options
    the unit is one of the older generation units, system was installed back in 2009. The event happened for the first time when I posted.
    I have not shut down the system because there are a lot of power issues here in PR and I don't want to be left without power with the system down.
    The original failure was communication error, I restarted the unit and the same has a configuration error now. The unit that failed is inverter 1 and used to be the master unit at the beginning, slave unit #2 had a relay failure and I replaced the relay board, I then set the #2 unit as master and renamed the #1 unit as slave. I don't know if this could be an issue.
    Thanks
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    OK config errors with a multiunit 13 year old system.   How many xw now, 2 or 3?    Also verify that each XW has a different name and also a different number!

I spoke too soon about a mild year in the tropics......

Tell us why you need this much power during a critical time please? One of the troubleshooting methods is to just use the master inverter and add a slave one at a time.

before this, do a DC power down to zero vdc on the battery terminals of the slave. Power it up and program restore defaults. Then program slave and inverter number (different from master).

I lived down there for a year and PR was mild that year compared to other places we sailed in the Caribbean.  Good Luck !
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Pezquera
    Options
    Thanks!  will try.