Bad inverter?

Options
RStephen
RStephen Registered Users Posts: 1
Just got a new Reliable 300 watt 6000 watt peak inverter and testing not going well!
13.1 on lifepo04 battery and testing with1500 watts heater and inverter shuts down in alarm state. I have also tried another load with similar requirements and same result.
Is this junk or are the two outlets not capable of this load and need a direct outlet wired to inverter. No documentation on outlet load.

inverter here... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XRP1GTF?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1
Tagged:

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hi RStephen,  Welcome to this Forum,

Was going to link to the discussion and video, on the DIY Power Forum,  but you have the same post there.

SO, bottom line seems to be, that this inverter trends more toward JUNK, than good.  It might even an MSW (Modified Square Wave),  which for general use are often a problem.

I have NO experience with this line of inverters,  Good Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • NANOcontrol
    NANOcontrol Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I would say that the wires going to it are probably way too small.  They may look big to you, but that is probably more than 120A they have to carry.  Most people in solar think amps and volts are interchangeable, they are not.  The very slightest resistance or bad connection will drop a lot of volts.  I would say your testing did its job and reveled issues with your system.  As a resistive load that inverter should be able to handle that load.  Much more load is not practical for 12V.  Didn't mention your battery. Suspect li and if it is 100AH, it will never work. Welcome to solar.