The pump is in!

Options
showme
showme Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Solar Water Pumping #1
Installed my Grundfoss SQflex 6 this weekend, and it's up and running. It was 104* on Saturday when i installed it (my myself, since the wife said it was too hot, and nobody else was around). I rigged up my old roustabout portable rolling crane to an old truck wheel, hooked the T-handle/pitless/pipe hose to my side by side and let the pipe down the well 15' at a time, then would walk out to the Ranger, move it up, go back and let the pipe down, repeat. It all went really well, except for one of the wire guard/spacers wouldn't start in the 4" bore at all, so i eventually just took it off. Had 6 more that went in easy. By the time i got it wired up, the sun had gone behind the trees, so i finished up yesterday and even with only 250w showing on the Grundfoss CU 200, it was pumping out 5.5gpm. It was late afternoon and the (6) Evergreen 120w panels are in winter position, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad, but it was working. I'll have to check when the sun is straight up. I'm wondering if the double pole breaker I'm using could cut down power on a one series line??  

I'm posting a few pics of my rigging, which reminds me of the old Mouse Trap board game. Not pretty, but effective. I'm almost embarrassed to show it to anyone. 

Anyway, it's working. We have cold, clean, sweet Ozark water. The pump will be re-wired to the house system (8kw) when we get the house built, and the 8 Evergreens (2 spare and an LG Neon 320) will go to either the shop or to a mini-split ac/heat combo we'll probably never need in our earth covered home. Thanks for all the help and advice on this project, people! Also, don't let anyone tell you this can't be done by yourself. I'm 64, not in perfect shape, and I did it. Although i did have a lot of handy tools to do it with. And i took my time and researched it till i was blue in the face. It can be done. Even in 100 degree weather!:)

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do."   Goethe

2006 Trace Xantrex power panel, (3) SW5548 inverters- 2 NOS Trace's (1999) and 1 Trace/Xantrex 2006 for back up (came with power panel. et al), Xantrex DC/disconnect, Xantrex AC disconnect/bypass, (3) C40 PWM charge controllers- 2 NOS, one used. (8)Evergreen  Solar 120w (960w),  8k LG Neon 2, (25) 320w, Bergey XL.1 1.5k genny, Air X 400 genny (came with used system), 48v Interstate Workman batts (now frozen/toast), (2) Montana Solar adjustable Top of Pole 12 array racks, (2) Midnite Solar MSPV 4 combiner boxes, (2) Midnite Solar Classic 150's (one an SL), SOK LiFePo stack of 500ah and one nice Ozark hilltop to set them all on.

Comments

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Congratulations! looking forward to hearing your peak production numbers.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.