conext 6848 or outback radian 8048?

Options
RealPinochet
RealPinochet Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
Greetings, new here but have been learning / researching solar at other forums and youtube etc. We're going to be rural soon and I'm putting priorities into place. I've decided for the most part against a AIO unit as they don't seem to have the reliability and proven track record yet..and then they are not field serviceable.  I know the solark is better at this but it to seems to be another Chinese inverter and it has it's own host of issues with starting loads etc... and too $$ in my opinion. I wish that wasn't the case as it's a drop in system made for us diy crowds. Anyways I think a modular system is the right choice and I've narrowed my view to two contenders. Schneider xw pro 6848 or the outback Radian 8048. I'd like to hear from folks here that might have picked one of these and how they like it and from maybe others like installer / repairmen that have experience with both.  Both seem to be great units! Since we're going to be rural dependability is important. And, I need something that has muscle for starting a 1-2 hp well pump, 3 ton AC, Air compressor etc. which is why I'm looking at a transformer based system and not solark. I'lll start off with one inverter and scc but add another soon. This will be a 48v system with about 6-8k in panel watts starting off. Some more info.

1. We will be connected to the grid but have no intentions of selling back. I just want grid assist and for the system to have the ability to provide for the load as much as possible before asking for grid..help zero out the grid bill.

2. The inverter be able to use the incoming PV directly without storage first. I think this is called DC couple. This seems to be more efficient than storing first then convert.

3. Be able to monitor locally over LAN instead of sending data to the cloud.

4. 120/240 split phase and the ability to pass through for grid assist.

5. Generator input with auto start.

6. Built in ATS so it can switch from Grid to battery to generator etc.

7. Good customer support.

8. Good track record with having parts available and field serviceable.  * I think the radian is easier as it seems like you can pull out modules and put new ones in like the power module.

*Does the radian allow granular / custom voltage adjustment without having to buy a expensive configuration tool like Schneider makes you?

Thanks for any input and experience.

Comments

• RealPinochet
    RealPinochet Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    A mod can feel free to delete this post since it's a double to another one. This one disappeared when trying to edit it and is now back. Are we allowed to edit our own post here without a mod approving it?
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Yes, you can edit your posts (I think it is up to one week old). However, when you have less than ~5 posts--You may not have been able too.

Something odd did happen here. I found this post the other day. I guess it was stuck in the system. I don't see why this post was put into moderation in the first place.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset