On site Recommendation

grandmaoffgrid
grandmaoffgrid Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭
Hello.  I am an off-grid Outback system, and I am looking for someone who can come onsite and check my set-up.  It is about 2.5 years old, and there are issues.  I got the name or Jay Peltz last time I asked, and he is amazing.  But he is not willing to travel from Colorado to come on site - too far.  I am in the San Diego area.  Anyone know anyone?  

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022 #2
    Have you tried a WEB search for your area?  I was the one who gave you Jay's number and Bill was the one who gave you mine. We trade our expertise.  Offgrid is a challenge if you are not up to speed on all aspects of your power system. Maybe someone else will have an idea for you. Good Luck !  Also ask Outback ? or become a forum member on their website.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• grandmaoffgrid
    Thanks Dave.  Yes, I have tried the web search, but will continue to do that.  And yes, Outback has given me a couple of names.  But those people do not want to work with off-grid.  Seems being off-grid is the part that makes this more difficult.   
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Dave.  Yes, I have tried the web search, but will continue to do that.  And yes, Outback has given me a couple of names.  But those people do not want to work with off-grid.  Seems being off-grid is the part that makes this more difficult.   
    This seems rather odd seeing that the majority of Outback equipment is designed for Off-Grid use.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• grandmaoffgrid

I agree.  Outback referred me to one person who was very negative.  He only believes in hybrid systems, and won't work on my system unless I hook up to SDGE.  He thinks lithium batteries cause fires and won't work with them either.  Another won't even call me back.  Crazy.

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    In grid saturated cities and counties (like SD) there are less people who know the Offrgrid business. The worst part is they often get over their head and sell a system that they can't support. I see this all of the time and often can't help unless it is redone. I use to do Outback but it is just easier for me to stay with Schneider and use guy's like Jay  (remotely) to keep up with my older Outback systems.

It is critical for someone who does not know the offgrid installation, does not have the time,  to only use an installer that sells a closed loop power system. It is so much easier !!!

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net