Trace Legend L1512 inverter problem.

I have the above mentioned inverter which is giving me trouble. Actually it isn't working. I was hoping someone on the forum might be able to point me in the right direction in troubleshooting it.
 When connected to the battery bank the typical arc crackles telling me the capacitors are getting energized. The fan comes right on and runs constantly. Tried turning it on with the ON/OFF moment switch, nothing. Both output breakers are turned on but I'm getting no AC output . I've opened it up to look around for any obvious burnt areas. Everything looks fine and clean. 
 I really don't want to give up on this inverter as I really think (hope) that the problem is simple and an easy fix.  Anybody out there have any suggestions on where I might look.  BTW I'm not an electrically gifted guy but I do have a friend who did a lot of circuit board building/repair in the aviation industry if I need to do any critical soldering.
Thanks for any help/suggestions anybody can offer, Mike aka Littleharbor2

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything weird before the failure like lightning or programming by you ????  It just does not invert one day?  It is not in Search. 
    No smell when you opened it right? You did try removing DC for 10 minutes or so?

You have a spare Mike?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been sitting in a box for a few years. I really don't have any history on it. I can try to dial the search level down and connect a real load to it instead of the voltage meter. I cant get the "inverting" light to come on. No burnt smell. 
     Not sure what you mean about having a spare. I'm not using this inverter if that's what you mean. Just hoping it can be brought to life. 
     I will reconnect battery and a load and see if it will awaken.
     Thanks Dave.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    You are not using Jumper cables--But are hard bolted connections to battery bus?

Jumper cables can frequently prevent larger inverters from even starting.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
     Yes, using good cables bolted down tight.
      Reconnected battery and a small fan for a load. Nothing happening, huh... 
     I see 12 volts into the transformer but nothing coming out.  Fan running constantly. 
     Just don't know where to look at this point.