Goal Zero Ranger 300 to Jackery 1000

Hello,
I am new to this group.
We purchased a Jackery 1000 generator about 18 months ago. Love the thing! 
I work for an outdoor equipment company and I recently won a silent auction for a Goal Zero Ranger 300 solar panel.
This morning I set everything up to charge our Jackery and in perfect fashion (sarcasm), Goal Zero uses a vertical Anderson, while Jackery uses a horizontal Anderson.
Goal Zero's website has an Anderson to 8mm connector, but then goes on to say: "NOTE: Do not exceed 14 AMP with this adapter cable. Compatible with Nomad 200 and Boulder 200 briefcase Solar Panels. Not to be used with Ranger 300 briefcase."

Has anyone here run into the same issue?
I first thought, I'll just buy a vertical to horizontal Anderson connector...Apparently this does not exist?
I am at a loss here. I sure hope I didn't spend money on something I can't use.

Thank you for your time,

Jim

Comments

• Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2022 #2
    You can remove the Anderson connector/contacts from their plastic housings with a small flat blade screwdriver. 

Once removed, you can reconfigure the housings on either your Jackery or Goal Zero to fit the other unit. 

Simple fix and inexpensive. No cutting of wires or crimping…only one new housing needed. 

Here’s where I buy the Anderson products from:

https://powerwerx.com/anderson-power-powerpole-sb-connectors
    Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries
  • Scout
    Scout Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank you for the link.
    yes, I saw on YouTube that process and think it should work fine.
    Many thanks
  • Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    Happy to help. 

Which outdoor equipment company do you work for?  I spent my entire career working in the Outdoor and Cycling business.

Great memories:)
    Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries