Fortress eFlex 5.4kWh Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery

Options
ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
I looked at prices for 1-4 kWh agm and then at this Lith 5400 kWh priced at 3500$. This one seems substantially cheaper. Why is that??

Comments

• MJSullivan56
    MJSullivan56 Registered Users Posts: 42 ✭✭
    Options
    I have two of them. Looking to add a third. Good product. Seems to work best with SolArk and their “closed loop” communication. Wish all inverters would standardize on a common protocol. We are still in the early years.
  • ws9876
    ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Can a SOlArk inverter take solar and output 240 without being a grid tie??
  • MJSullivan56
    Options
    Someone else will need to answer that. I use an Outback GS4048a inverter which does 240V without being grid-tied.
  • Graham Parkinson
    Graham Parkinson Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Anyone using the Fortress-eflex 5.4 with a Schneider closed loop system?  Wish the Fortress batteries had integrated heaters for those of us off grid in Canada with cold winters to deal with.

Offgrid in cloudy PNW

MacGyver'ed museum collection of panels, castoff batteries and generators - ready for state of art system install .... parade of surviving and dead generators: H650, Ryobi 900, Briggs and Scrap Iron 2000, H2200, H3000, Kubota 3500, Kubota 4500, Onan 7500

• MJSullivan56
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options
    Wish the Fortress batteries had integrated heaters for those of us off grid in Canada with cold winters to deal with.
    FWIW, since Fortress eFlex batteries meet UL 9450A, we here in “cold” Massachusetts are able to install them in our unheated basement which never gets below freezing. Otherwise I wouldn’t have gone this route.