Newpowa solar?

Supercaravan
Supercaravan Registered Users Posts: 5
Whats your opinion on Newpowa solar? We don't have an extravagant amount of cash to spend on our first solar set up but we don't wana buy something that will leave us high and dry. Has anyone tried this equipment and how did it treat you?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    If you do not get any replies here... There is always Amazon (take their reviews with a grain of salt):

https://www.amazon.com/Newpowa-Controller-Regulator-Adjustable-Batteries/dp/B08K8JLPRZ

For example, the above 15 Amp MPPT controller seems to work (really an MPPT controller, not a PWM in MPPT "colors")...

Has some higher negative reviews--A few mention failures that risk/ruined their battery banks.

It is certainly much less expensive that a "US designed" (usually overseas mfg?) controller that can be 4x more expensive.

Sorry I don't have any other information.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Supercaravan
    Supercaravan Registered Users Posts: 5
    I just bought 3 x 100w semi-Felix solar panel from Newpowa https://www.newpowa.com/products/100...21671734&_ss=r I only spent $298 dollars for 3 solar panels,they are doing a Christmas campaign(take $50 off for purchase $300), I am waiting for the shipping, hope it work well

• MichaelK
    MichaelK Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    You are making a mistake buying 12V panels.  For 220$ I was getting 1000W last summer.
    System 1) 15 Renogy 300w + 4 250W Astronergy panels,  Midnight 200 CC, 8 Trojan L16 bat., Schneider XW6848 NA inverter, AC-Delco 6000w gen.
    System 2) 8 YingLi 250W panels, Midnight 200CC, three 8V Rolls batteries, Schneider Conext 4024 inverter (workshop)
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I am not a big fan of flexible and semi flexible panels... They don't seem to last very long (1-7 years????) vs 20-25+ years for "glass" panels.

What you need to shop by is $$/Watt... $1.00+ per Watt seems to be average for "12 volt" (typically 17.5 Vmp) panels.

For >200 Watt panels, you can find them down to $0.50 per Watt on sale (just guesses on my part--I am not in the solar business).

Roughly, 140 Watt and smaller panels are usually easier and cheaper to ship.

Large format panels generally require freight/truck shipping on pallets.

Packing and shipping a few panels at a time can exceed the cost of the panels in some cases. As always, look at the price to your front door (or local freight terminal).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset