Canned batteries and heat

larcal
larcal Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭
So Trojan, Rolls 2v cells hard to get quickly. Alternative isThese large 2v FLA cells that come 6 to a metal box so 12v like Hups solar and guess other brands.--can't use outside the steel, cause soft sides--
So do such packs run hotter because of steel containment? wild speculation encouraged in lieu of experience
No idea about quality as not many here have used them, perhaps for good reason? and relevent posts ancient but anyway, just digging around the back lots.
Cheers to all

Comments

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    I have no experience with metal-cased 2v cells, but I deal with a lot of L16 size AGM batteries. Industry-wide high demand has caused the popular 2v products to have very long lead times right now. Concorde is running at 125% of normal production capacity but orders are up 158%.  Lead time for 2 volt 1250 ah is 6-10 weeks for smaller orders of 24. I do know that East Penn and other manufacturers are also unable to keep up.
    I have been waiting 6 weeks for an order for 248  2 volt, 1150AH ah cells from Fullriver, but they should land next week.
    IMHO, with ever-increasing supply chain problems and the inflation that we are seeing - it is getting close to the time to grab what you can get if you cannot wait it out.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.