Exceltech XP1100 stopped working

My Exceltech XP1100 stopped working the other day. Wife was using the vacuum cleaner running off it. Just quit working, I think the vacuum runs pretty close to the limit for that inverter, haven't checked for sure yet.
It apparently has auto-resetting safety features when over loaded.
It will turn on for about a second, then quit again. (Going by green indicator light)
It has what looks like 2 small glass fuses inside, with a small spring-like thing inside, is that an auto reset fuse of some kind? If so, I suppose they can fail? No bad smell or magic smoke BTW.
Thanks
510 watt pv, TS-MPPT 60, Exeltech XP1100, XP600 & XP250 @ 24V, 4x Trojan 105RE, Trimetric 2030, Yamaha EF2400i gen.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    edited September 2021 #2
    I don't know about fixing the inverter itself (other than fuse replacements--Fuses being "unreliable" by design)--Excelech has (or at least had) a very reasonable repair policy. Last I have read (recent COVID and inflation may change service policies):

solar-electric.com/learning-center/exeltech-sine-wave-inverters/
     Exeltech also has the best warranty and repair policy of any inverter manufacturer that we know of (Exeltech quote):
    ...We also still support and repair units from 20 years ago, and do so for a flat fee. Case in point: If you accidentally reverse connections on an XP1100 inverter you bought in 1994, or an MX module from 1993 .. or even an old SI1000 from 1991, and blow it up .. if it's repairable, we'll fix it for $100 and (if possible) upgrade it at the same time. Turn-around time generally averages less than a week.
    -Bill

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • mryimmers
    mryimmers Solar Expert Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Bill,
     I have a back-up inverter so I'm not in much of a panic. I read about that refurbishment deal they have, it sounds very good. I hope something similar still exists. Getting things shipped across Canada / USA border isn't as easy as it once was. Maybe have to wait a bit yet until things "normalize". 
    I will try to see if one of those fuses are faulty.
    Thanks again.
    510 watt pv, TS-MPPT 60, Exeltech XP1100, XP600 & XP250 @ 24V, 4x Trojan 105RE, Trimetric 2030, Yamaha EF2400i gen.