Conext XW6848 Multi Inverter Random Shutdown F69

Options
mike760
mike760 Registered Users Posts: 37 ✭✭
I have two XW6848 in a split phase master/slave configuration.  The slave unit randomly shuts down and displays a F69 code.  The master continues to run for a short period but eventually trips the DC breaker because the resulting load shift to one inverter is obviously too high at 12KW.  The F69 error is never logged in the events.  Resetting both DC inverter breakers will restore normal operation.  I checked the AC sync cable and it appears to be connected well and in good condition.  The system has been installed for about 8 months and this just started this week and has been happening at random times throughout the day.
Tagged:

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which XW 6848 ?   Pro or + ?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• mike760
    Options
    It's a +
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    OK so it worked master/slave fine for 8 months correct? When you say it is not logged are you using gateway/ events/ historical? Just curious on that?
    Below is from Schneider but it is not really your problem. I suspect network cables or configuration. Tell us alot more about your set-up and use. Where, when, who installed, offgrid correct?, solar, all devices on xanbus, What are these large loads? etc.

Remember that a bad network cable can happen, they carry network power. I always have 3 in my truck.

F69 -  External Sync Failed (Multi-Unit Configuration fault)

To resolve this issue, clear the fault and disconnect everything (XANBUS, AC sync Cable) from the unit that requires the firmware upgrade. This will help rule out any communication issue due to noise and bad cables. Then connect the configuration tool directly to the single unit and proceed with the update accordingly. 

• mike760
    Options
    Thanks for the response.  Yes, I am using a gateway.  It was installed last summer.  Off-grid.  I installed it.  The largest loads would be air conditioners.

Connected devices:

2 @ XW6848+
    8 @ MPPT 60/150
    1 @ SCP
    1 @ Batt Mon
    1 @ AGS
    1 @ Gateway
    1 @ PDP
    1 @ Volvo 100KVA Diesel Gen
    24 @ Rolls Surrette 2YS 31P (2VDC 2527AH)
    96 @ 250W Panels

So you are recommending a firmware update?  Here is some info on the problematic inverter:

XW6848-02 2
    FGA
    865-6848-01
    Device Name
    XW6848-02
    Unique Identifier
    Xanbus Address
    Build Number
    2.07.00bn4
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    As long as firmware is the same on both you are good. There may be one more update but your issue or similar was fixed before what you are running now. Gateway will not display much in this kind of fault as it is at the top of the list of bad things and F69 shuts down power. This should never happen. NEVER OFFGRID !

Looking at your devices there may be too many and xanbus or a cable is causing F69. This is deeper than I go on the forum and I do this for a living. My email is below. Good Luck !