Conext Gateway questions

Options
ELYNN4
ELYNN4 Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭
I have had my Gateway for about 18 months now.  I am curious why the uptime randomly starts back at zero?  The longest I’ve seen it go is 30 days.  

I monitor my system using an IPad.  The Gateway uses an Ethernet connection to my LAN.  My monitoring sessions time out fairly quickly and I’m wondering if there is a way to monitor continuously?

I also get a message stating that the connection was lost and asking if I want to test the connection.  When I test the connection it always pops back up.  I’m wondering how to determine if this is a hardware or software issue?  I have moved the Ethernet cable to different ports on my switch, but that didn’t solve anything.

occasionally the login screen changes format with additional fields that appear to be there to allow remote access.  If I refresh the page they go away.  Curious what might be causing this?

once in a long while the login page shows up as text rather than a GUI interface.  Again if I refresh it resorts pack to the standard GUI interface.  Any ideas on what might be causing this?

I’m off grid and currently using firmware version 1.09, but the Gateway was having the same issues with V1.06.

As usual any help/thoughts would be appreciated.  Here’s a screen shot of the Gateway info:

Off Grid, 4.5KW array, 9&6KW Gens, 6848XW inverter, Midnite Classic 150, 2 strings - 48V - Trojan FLA L16 2V, located in Talkeetna, Alaska

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Time to update firmware !
     It is now at 1.12   But wait there's more, if you act now,  we will throw in the screen below that was when some of your issues may have been addressed.

The new versions really were for XW pro grid apps and not really useful for us! Spring up there yet?  Damn near summer down here.

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• ELYNN4
    ELYNN4 Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks Dave, I’ll give the latest version a try.  Our roads were ice packed 10 days ago - today they are dusty!  We have had an awesome Spring so far - now we have to worry about wildfire...

Generator hasn’t had to run since late February.  The system tried to carry out a 30 day exercise cycle, but had issues.  Tomorrow is the big day to see if it has issues again, if it does I’ll describe them in a future post...

Thanks again for the suggestions - much appreciated.
    Off Grid, 4.5KW array, 9&6KW Gens, 6848XW inverter, Midnite Classic 150, 2 strings - 48V - Trojan FLA L16 2V, located in Talkeetna, Alaska