adding small wind turbine to existing off-grid system?

ligwyd
ligwyd Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭
I see this question has been asked many many times before....... Not to beat a dead horse here. I live in Canada and am curious as to the best info avail re: wind charts and feasibility of small wind turbines as an add on to an existing off grid system.

If this topic is not worth re: discussing, I'm hoping someone here can link me to the best threads so I can focus on the most pertinent reading.
Thanks in advance for any direction.....

Comments

• 706jim
    706jim Solar Expert Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭
    Comments you will see in the threads will usually touch on the need for a high tower for laminar flow air, the problems with maintenance and (in Canada) vibration due to iced up blades and the fact that the turbines only generate their rated output at wind speeds that are rarely seen in practice.
    Island cottage solar system with 2500 watts of panels, 1kw facing southeast 1.3kw facing southwest 170watt ancient Arco's facing south. All panels in parallel for a 24 volt system. Trace DR1524 MSW inverter, Outback Flexmax 80 MPPT charge controller 8 Trojan L16's. Insignia 11.5 cubic foot electric fridge. My 30th year.