Schneider Battmon not doing manual sync

rayslan
rayslan Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭
I added a 3rd SimpliPhi 48v 3.5kw battery to my system. 6848 inverter, MPPT 60, Insight Gateway, Battery Monitor. The Configurations were updated by the installers and I checked them. I get a warning on the Inverter SCP, and Battmon telling me Syncrhonize. No matter how I manually Sync it does not work. The warning goes away but comes back. The Battmon display does not show FULL as it should after I hold down the < and > buttons. Same result when I Sync from the 6848 SCP and from the Gateway interface. Any ideas? 

Naguabo, Puerto Rico, El Yunque Wilderness area. Scheinder: XW+6848, XW MPPT60/150 Charge Controller, Conext SCP: Conext Battery Monitor, Conext Gateway: 12 Canadian Solar 340 Watt Panels, 2 SimpliPhi 3.5KWh 48v Batteries, Honda EU3000IS Inverter, Yamaha iPower 2000 Inverter

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Could be quite a few things. Any warnings in the XW system or on the batt mon? Did it ever work correctly?
    The second thing is the installer should be involved. Is there warranty?
    The third is to get familiar with the system. Below is a link to the manuals.
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/product/conext-battery-monitor/

"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• rayslan
    Dave
    Thanks for the reply.
    I have all the manuals and familiar with the system. Not an expert but not a newbe by any means. As I mentioned I get a warning on the XW+ 6848. (Flashing red on SCP.) I also get a warning  "!" on the Battmon Gateway interface. Auto Synchronizations worked. I have logged 179 Syncs. This is different. I am trying to do a Manual Sync. I would think that it is a no brainer, you wait til the batteries are full and have been at float voltage and float current for a couple hours then do a Manual sync. I have done this a hundred times on my cruising sailboat and it always reset the monitor (eMeter). The Battmon does not seem to be Syncing. No indication that anything happened except the warning goes away for a short time. The Status field for Synschroizations does not increment up and the Battmon display does not say FULL as the manual states it should. I reset the Battmon to Factory defaults and reprogrammed it per the SimpliPhi integration guidelines but no joy. 
    Naguabo, Puerto Rico, El Yunque Wilderness area. Scheinder: XW+6848, XW MPPT60/150 Charge Controller, Conext SCP: Conext Battery Monitor, Conext Gateway: 12 Canadian Solar 340 Watt Panels, 2 SimpliPhi 3.5KWh 48v Batteries, Honda EU3000IS Inverter, Yamaha iPower 2000 Inverter
  • Dave Angelini
    What warning number please? Firmware up to date?  Did this ever work right? If not it could be defective.  If this is a new device, 1 year warranty,  you should tell Schneider.

https://solar.schneider-electric.com/netsuite/

• rayslan
    The SCP displays a Warning W230. I can not find a reference to that code in a the manuals. I already checked for a Firmware update. None available. The Firmware is 1.01.00bn100. Synchronization worked but I can't say I ever did a Manual Sync.
  • Dave Angelini
    I really do not have time unless you answer all of my questions. Like, did this ever work, is it new?  Maybe someone else can!

• rayslan
    edited April 2021 #7
     If it was new how could I have logged over 170 Syncs? See first post. Yes maybe you are the wrong person to help.
  • rayslan
    My batteries have Synced. The warning went away. However it was an automatic sync that worked not a manual sync. I can tell because the Battmon sync counter incremented by one. Yesterday I changed the MPPT 60 Float voltage to 54v and left the Battmon Float Voltage at 53.32v as SimpliPhi recommends. Maybe that allowed the AutoSync to work. Plus our power went out. Maybe that did something to stabilize the charging. Who knows. However I still don't if the Manual Sync works. But I'll take what I can get at this point. Sorry Dave if I ruffled any feathers.