400W Panel?

GoneSquatchin
GoneSquatchin Registered Users Posts: 35 ✭✭
Hey all,

Has anyone ever heard of Tinosolar panels from Belgium? I have an opportunity to source locally brand new 400W panels for $255. Just wondering if that's a good deal?

Here's the specs:

TINOSOLAR panels from Belgium Model Number: Jxm400 Year: 2020
Rate Maximum Power (Pmax) 400 W
Output Tolerance +3%
Current at Pmax (Imp) 9.52 A
Voltage at Pmax (Vmp) 41.5V
Short-Circuit Current (Isc) 10.23A
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc) 49.8V
Maximum System Voltage 1000V
Number of cells 72 Cell Technology
Monocrystalline
Own weight 24 kg (52.9 Lb.)
Total Dimension L 1979 mm (77.9 inch)
Total Dimension W 1002 mm (39.4 inch)
Total Dimension H 35 mm (1.37 inch)

Thanks,

Jeff

Comments

• clockmanfran
    clockmanfran Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    Hmm, looked them up here in Europe, it seems there Web site and contact details have been removed.  Certainly not a Belgium manufacturer. 

Those panels look like the old SolarWorld types that were made in Germany a few years ago.   They were good panels then as i have about 20off, but the firm ceased manufacturing as they could no longer compete with the cheap Chinese's prices.

Everything is possible, just give me Time.

The OzInverter man. Normandy France.

3off Hugh P's 3.7m dia wind turbines, (12 years running).  ... 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 years) .... 14kW PV AC coupled using Used/second hand GTI's, on my OzInverter created Grid, and back charging with the AC Coupling and OzInverter to my 48v 1300ah batteries. 

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    edited April 2021 #3
    One thing to watch with "higher voltage" solar panels... Depends greatly on what type of solar charge controller you want to use, and what battery bank voltage...

For example, if you have a Vpanel max input voltage of 140-150 VDC... You can only use 2x of these panels in series for a MPPT 24/48 volt battery bank (one panel could work OK with PWM and MPPT for 24 volt bank, and MPPT on 12 volt):
    • 1 * 49.8 volts Voc = 49.8 volts Voc-array
    • 2 * 49.8 volts Voc = 99.6 volts Voc-array
    • 3 * 49.8 volts Voc = 149.4 volts Voc-array
    So, just make sure your battery bank voltage (12/24/48 volts) and Voc/Vmp match up with controller type PWM/MPPT and battery bank voltage...

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • GoneSquatchin
    Hmm...  I found them on Facebook marketplace:  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1421775908028264/

The sticker on the back shows "Tinosolar Belgium" 

BB, Yes, I'm aware of matching the SCC/Battery Bank.  I haven't bought anything yet.  Just starting to look for panels and trying to maximize for the amount of room I have for mounting.

Thanks,
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    You can do much better than that if your bargain hunting, I put up 28 395's last fall that were white label mono half cells for ~$110 panel including shipping. ( No I'm not posting where I got them )

The site sponsor has 445W new with warranty for $280
    https://www.solar-electric.com/longi-lng-445-lr4-72hph-35-hi-mo4m-445w-module.html

• GoneSquatchin
    Yeah, I'm not quite ready to move yet anyway.  So I'll keep looking for a better bargain.

The shipping from the site sponsor makes those panels too expensive for me...