Recently replaced MNSPD 300 DC, no LED, no power from battery.

Options
Melaski1
Melaski1 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi all, new to the forum, rookie to off-grid systems. First post
Sooo...working on replacing old existing systems in a family property I purchased a few years back in the Black Hills. Here's where I'm at an my query:  Purchased Conext SW 4048 120/240 and Fortress 10K lithium battery, both installed and wired by my local off grid energy company, GenPro. Power originates at my propane generator, I'm hoping to get full solar installed next fall.
So I had the inverter and battery installed last June, have had zero issues, everything runs great. I typically charge the battery a couple hours a day, and sometimes every other day. I don't run much, literally just up to 4 lights, tv, DVD, cell signal booster. All has been fine until a few weeks ago, I turned on generator, it kicked on, but no power from any outlets that are connected to inverter. DC SPD LEDs were out, so I replaced. Just wired in new SPD DC 300 (same as I removed), turned genny on, nothing. No LED lights on new SPD, inverter won't turn on. The AC LED's on inverter are lite up, so I know that the system is getting power from the genny.
What's next? Probably a chance new SPD is dysfunctional, any way to check? Anything else I should check.

Thanks in advance! Speak slowly and keep out too big of words please, this is all new to me hahaha
Tagged:

Comments

• Wheelman55
    Wheelman55 Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Start at the generator with a multi meter, work down line until you find where the electricity stops flowing.  Check everything from cords, connections, plugs, wires, breakers...and hope that it's something simple :)
    Off-Grid in Terlingua, TX
    5,000 watt array - 14 CS 370 watt modules. HZLA horizontal tracker. Schneider: XW6048NA+, Mini PDP, MPPT 80-600, SCP. 390ah LiFeP04 battery bank - 3 Discover AES 42-48-6650 48 volt 130ah LiFePO4 batteries