Phocos PSW-H-3KW-120/24V Pure Sine Wave Hybrid 3000W 24VDC Inverter Charger

Saggys
Saggys Solar Expert Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
Is anyone here using Phocos inverters? The one in the title is priced very good and includes a 2 year warranty and is sold by NAWS. Built in MPPT charge controller also. The light weight concerns me a bit and it's price is almost too good to be true but it has caught my attention.

Comments

• m151
    m151 Registered Users Posts: 39 ✭✭
    I watched their webinar and they seemed very knowledgeable.
    Another site said that it was a rebadged unit from MPP solar and that they were not resistant to surges. It looks like it’s made in China (what isn’t) and managed by a German company.
  • Saggys
    Thanks for the reply, I will watch the webinar which I assume is on their website. Do you mean load surges, like pumps , etc.? The light weight may explain that.
  • rocket999
    rocket999 Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭
    I definately going with Phocos.

Bought an MPP PIP2424 $700 from watts247, it arrived, with defective LCD,  they wanted me to repair this brand new unit.  Got a refund.

Sent had sent a message about it to MPP in Taiwan.  They seemed incensed and claimed they had gone above and beyond,  what ever that means.

In that context $1200 for the comparable Phocos is a bargain.
  • Saggys
    I am also looking at the Renogy 3500 watt 48 volt hybrid inverter. It does everything the Phocos does with less VOC input on the charge controller and has optional blue tooth monitoring.