Should I Have Pool Heating Solar Panels Installed

sbkaylyn
sbkaylyn Registered Users Posts: 3
So i brought a house a few months ago in central florida. The roof was recently renovated prior to me buying the house, so the solar panels had to be taken down. Today the pool is nearly empty because somewhere along the lines, the solar panel piping is connected to the water of the pool not really sure, this is what I was told. Everything to have the solar panels reinstalled is on the property. My question is, does it make sense to have it reinstalled. Photos attached.Please help. 

Comments

• sbkaylyn
  • sbkaylyn
    The solar has a bypass installed to block water flow to the solar, that bypass is no good and water is coming out the top. Should i have the solar panels reinstalled or completely bypass it with a different plumbing system 
  • mike_s
    mike_s Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Solar electric is possibly the least efficient way to heat a pool. Heat it directly with a "black hose" system, possibly with a water-to-water heat exchanger. It looks like that was what was there before. But, do you really need to heat a pool in FL? I live in MI, and my friends with pools are fine with insulating covers during the summer (one has a system with piping in the concrete around the pool).