Frequency adjustment on an older Trace SW 4024 inverter

littleharbor2
littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
I seem to be losing about a minute a week on my microwave's clock and can't find any info in the inverter's manual on adjusting the AC output frequency. Do any of the senior experts out there know if this can be done? This is the 2nd microwave oven I've had running on this system and they both lose time. Beside this issue The system works flawlessly.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Factory adjust or a really good tech with the procedure, the training, and the pix/schematic.

Most just accept the clock loss and use a battery clock. Opening the covers is a risk you do not need to take, in my opinion.

It is one of the reasons Xantrex and the DoD developed XW. The DSP based XW can have all calibrated factory adjustments easily done in the field without opening the covers.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    Factory adjust or a really good tech with the procedure, the training, and the pix/schematic.

Most just accept the clock loss and use a battery clock. Opening the covers is a risk you do not need to take, in my opinion.

It is one of the reasons Xantrex and the DoD developed XW. The DSP based XW can have all calibrated factory adjustments easily done in the field without opening the covers.

Thanks Dave,
     I have no desire to open it up if that's what it would take. I have over half a dozen battery operated clocks and my phone and computer for accurate time. I thought, at one time this was adjustable  but I was wrong.  No big deal to reset the time on the microwave occasionally.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I was wondering if you moved out of Baja? The land of Manana (tilda in there) where time is told by looking out the window.

I knew a guy down there who sold a watch that only displayed the day of the week and how long until happy hour.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    edited December 2020 #5
    All hours are happy down here and this is really as accurate as we need.. Ahhh, retirement, love it.

• Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    I never leave my microwave plugged in.  Too few outlets, too many kitchen appliance needs.  A battery clock/timer is invaluable.  The stove clock loses time (needed for pizo electric burner starts), but gives you a ballpark figure for the time at a glance.

Xantrex 4048 and Outback FX3648 both lose time.  But being retired, it's never really critical until you have a Zoom meeting to attend.
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Xantrex SW4048.  Sorry