Old Xantrex 60 150 controller

latinhawk
latinhawk Registered Users Posts: 36 ✭✭
Power went off while doing firmware upgrade. Unit not seen by combox. Is there a way to bring it back? Any and all help will be appreciated. I have been trying to kick myself but I don't  reach. Help!!!!

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You did not see the warning that the inverter would cycle? Maybe you were kicking ;)

Combox had various updates to recover from this. What version is combox?
    The older versions required you to have the old firmware still. Do you still have it?
    If yours is new enough, you should still see it if you hover correctly in the firmware update section.

Combox is out of support and was replaced with the gateway. Gateway will not allow this to happen.

The other thing here for others is, there is very little reason to change firmware on mppt-60-150. It has been totally reliable for offgrid since it came out. There are revisions now but I doubt you need them. There was one revision in 2006 or so that added a scroll mode (my suggestion) so my non skilled users did not have to push any buttons and the mppt would scroll thru the vitals like, current state of charging, mppt output, system output solar, hours/minutes in float, and a few other parameters. It is a nice feature as the controller can double as a system display and you can have an SCP or gateway at another location.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• latinhawk
    latinhawk Registered Users Posts: 36 ✭✭
    The combox is fine. Still working. It's the charge controller that it's missing in action. It has amnesia and it's not seen by the combox.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What I wrote is for your mppt !
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net