550 Static Water Level

HREO_tech
HREO_tech Registered Users Posts: 1
I got a well with a static of 490' and a TD of 780'. A pump test was conducted and the Static leveled off at 508' @ 25gpm. I'm thinking of dropping a SunPumps SCS 10-600-240 BL to 550'. Pump curve/specs says 10.9gpm @ 240V, 3315W..
Would 2 strings of (5) 44VOC, 300W panels be a good setup ??
Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Comments

• wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    I have the same depth 735 ‘ my water is 300’ spring 500’ in the late summer . 
     I like the sun pump people they are very help full , but the pump they had available was maxed out at 500 feet and I need to be about 600’ with the pump . 
      They Designed a system for me but if I remember correctly there where 18 panels in there quote . 
      I think there system was 18000 $ with out pipe . 
       I’m going with a grundfous it seams like a much better system . 

Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    When you get into details, talking with your seller's engineeing support staff is a good idea for this complex stuff...

NAWS (our host for the forums) does have engineers on staff:

http://solar-electric.com/

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I will be buying my pump from NAWS  the guys are very knowledgeable , if you need help you can get them on the phone . 
      They will Design the  system for you so it works , All you have to figure out Is where the money is coming from to pay for it 😁
    Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .