Fortress Power eVault 18.5 kWh Lithium Ferro Phosphate Battery

dbarnard67
dbarnard67 Registered Users Posts: 36 ✭✭
So, just saw these and curious if anyone has any experience with them as of yet.  I will probably be looking to upgrade from FLA right after winter and just starting to do the research and see where things are with all of the technologies now.  Thanks for any input.  

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested them and a client is using them. A great battery especially if you use it with Schneider electronics. Closed loop charging and Soc out to the cloud/smartphone if needed. This also means that there is no external shunt or a bat mon. A great company based in the US. Good Engineers and support.

A1 with all the safety requirements that protect my liability, and yours ;)
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• dbarnard67
    dbarnard67 Registered Users Posts: 36 ✭✭
    Good to know Dave, especially like the part of being based in the US.  The capacity is nice and if I can do 2 of these that will be my goal.  I am running the 6848 xw+ so nice to know about the integration with Schneider
  • mahendra
    mahendra Solar Expert Posts: 177 ✭✭✭
    Great to know. 
    Battery specs on paper is excellent t for the price as compare to others. 
    I friend of mine purchased the 10kw unit will love to see how it stands up
  • evolude
    evolude Registered Users Posts: 1
    I tested them and a client is using them. A great battery especially if you use it with Schneider electronics. Closed loop charging and Soc out to the cloud/smartphone if needed. This also means that there is no external shunt or a bat mon. A great company based in the US. Good Engineers and support.

A1 with all the safety requirements that protect my liability, and yours ;)
    Greetings! I was researching how to connect my eVault to my XW Pro and came accross this post. Was your client using a eVault battery or the new eFlex one?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Update here. The title of the post is not quite right. The eFlex is working closed loop to Schneider. The eVault is being worked on by Fortress to modbus command the Gateway for closed loop charging and getting Soc out to gateway and the Insight Cloud.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net