Magnasine 4024 flickering

kamchuka
kamchuka Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭
Anyone experience this inverter flickering? By that I mean the voltage seems to vary every ten seconds ish, and it is showing in the lights and t.v. 
900 watts pv (building on) on poles, off grid 60a mppt, magnum 2k 12v msw, 1400 ah forklift battery (rewired to 12v), 8k diesel gen for house. honda eu6500, 2x 8D, coleman 800w inv for shop, honda 5k for well (pumps to 1000g cistern), ryobi 2k suitcase for mobile ops. 

Comments

• Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    I would check for loose connections at the batteries and all cable screw connections.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    I have also had problems with water getting into my main AC panel (this was on utility power). The water followed the wiring in from the weather head (where power lines enter the home) and drop down into a main breaker panel (one home) and into the meter clamps on another home).

On the AC side, a poor neutral connection/loose or corroded bus bar connections can cause lights to both flicker dark when there are heavy loads, or even flicker bright (if this is a 120/240 VAC Split phase system--faulty neutral connections back to the inverter/main power source can cause all lights/appliances in a home to flicker--Vs just one breaker connection causing problems for one circuit).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • kamchuka
    kamchuka Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭
    Thanks fellas. I'll go through it again..... Getting old. Bout ready to rip every wire out of this house, start over
    900 watts pv (building on) on poles, off grid 60a mppt, magnum 2k 12v msw, 1400 ah forklift battery (rewired to 12v), 8k diesel gen for house. honda eu6500, 2x 8D, coleman 800w inv for shop, honda 5k for well (pumps to 1000g cistern), ryobi 2k suitcase for mobile ops. 
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    There have been complaints in the past for some inverter brands/models of inverters that had less than ideal AC voltage regulation.

Is this a new inverter and problem or an old inverter with a new problem?

With my neutral issues, it was in the main panel or meter socket (after I took all the jboxes and wire nuts apart and re-torqued the breaker branch circuit screws.

The neutral problems were easy to see. Rust, corrosion, evidence of water in my cases, and evidence of over heated connections (once I cut the utility deal and pulled the meter).

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • SolarMusher
    SolarMusher Solar Expert Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    Check your search mode setting on the Magnum display (ME-RC or ME-ARC) and lower it to 5 watts or less, or add a load (another light) to get it over your actual setting and it will stop flickering.
    Erik