What this section is about

This is a new section as of Sept 2009 to cover the specific issues of the actual installation of PV systems, electrical, NEC and other code issues.

Included here is such topics as wiring and mounting solar panels, electrical hookups, and similar.

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: What this section is about

It has taken me quite awhile to realize this, but there is a typo in the title of this forum. ("wirng" should be "wiring")

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭

Good catch.............
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

OK, ok... Fixed.

-Bill ;)
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Plug
    Plug Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm looking for a PV installer in Tucson Arizona to help with a DIY system connection to the grid. 
    Any suggestions?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried the easy things like the yellow pages for electricians and solar companies. The other thing that I thought Tucson allowed was taking a permit out with the building department as the owner? Might be wrong about that but many do allow this if it is not complicated and all of the equipment is listed. The mounting racks need an engineering stamp and the support structure is properly sized. Along with meeting all local/state codes.

Someone who takes on a job like this may charge alot of money.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net