somebody double check these figures (sanity check)

2»

Comments

• KenMorgan
    KenMorgan Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

update to all of the above. No longer tied to TEPCO, told them I was remodeling the exterior and had to have the power removed so that siding and sheathing below siding could be replaced.... never called them back to re-install. Even better this last winter with several snow days never got below 70% (used 30%). So I grew a set of Tanyuki testicles and i had a 16 tatami split back system made by mitsubishi installed. it is a 200-220 unit so it pulls from both sides of the inverter and it is set to run from 1000-1400 to lower the humidiity inside the cabin through the week to prevent mold. one week operational and no faults or shutdowns. Bogart says that lowest percentage was 73% after a couple of rainy days (tuesday-wednesday) and when I arrived tonight at 2300 the batteries were back up to 98% only days below full charge wasTuesday, wednesday and by Thursday at 95%. Friday back to 100% with an extra 25 amps on top. I arrived at 2300 to a sweet 98% so I think that if I add in the extra 20 panels on the roof come end of summer I should be able to run split pack pretty much 24-7 without any issues. mind you my cabin is small less than 1000 square feet and the only constant draw are the fridge, the freezer, and the air to sewage tank pump and hopefully by august the split pack. if I can run it all off of the current 4000 watts of panels, then 8000 should be a walk in the park.

in the winter I limited the wife to one heater in the hori kotatsu (sitting kotatsu) and just burned a lot of wood to keep the house really hot. looking at double pane glass next year along with new sideing and some real insulation (local japanese shit sucks) but winter seems to be the real problem as when it snows, the panels put out squat... almost time to bury and insulate the 3000 gallon stainless water tank in and try to build a heat resovoir during the summer using excess power.... so many projects (and stupid ideas) and so little time.

30kw LiFePo4 battery bank, 18 JA solar 200 watt panels, 20 sharp 200 watt panels,  morningstar controller(s) and a magnum 4448 inverter with all the usual junk that goes with it.