Conext ComBox Sync issue

AGB
AGB Registered Users Posts: 40 ✭✭
Hi,
I have been running my system (discussed in a previous post https://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/353844/schneider-mppt60-150#latest)
for over a year now and it has been working great except for the conext insight and combox syncing issue.
On the combox, I can see all logs and graphs in real time and it's all good. But in the conext insight, sometimes the data in the performance dashboard site summary would be hours or days behind while the bar chart would be in sync with the combox. This means you will see the graph of energy generation for the day but the summary would be for say two days ago.
I have tried resetting everything including removing the combox from insight and adding it again to no avail. My thinking is that it sends the graph data and the samary separately and sends in groups at 10min interval. If for whatever reason the connection fail at the time of send, it will wait another 10min and send the data it was holding not the new summary. The next time it will send another 10min worth of the summary therefore drifting in time.
Has anyone experience this behaviour in their system? I called schneider and the support tech couldn't help me resolve the problem. I was hoping there would be firmware update to resolve this but there hasn't been any since version Ver03.08BN0874

Application VersionVer03.08BN0874
Application Build Date2018-01-08_11-46-08
Bootloader VersionVer01.04BN0128
Bootloader Build Date2016-06-21_17-55-06

System Summary:
XW-MPPT60-150
CSW4048-120/240
Combox
8x6V  L16 US battery
9 x Q.PEAK DUO-G5 310 3 in series

Comments

• hcosme
    hcosme Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭
    I have the same issues with my system.   I have contacted Schneider via email regarding this issue and I never got a reply.  I just created a discussion for this same issue under the Solar Beginners Tab.  Hopefully somebody will reply with an answer or there will be a resolution to this; I believe this is a Schneider server issue because the solar energy graph always display output in real time (in sync), and my time, date and time zone in the upper right hand side of the Portal's main screen are correct for my location. 
  • AGB
    They are very slow responding to emails. It might take weeks to a get a response. I have a case opened with them and right now, waiting for the cloud team to respond. I will update once i get any update.
  • sikmusicfreak8
    sikmusicfreak8 Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭
    I just asked this same question, and Schneider was zero help and wont discuss it further unless I become an "installer" through them, or hire one to call them.

The only advice I got was to purposely set the time and zone incorrectly and then have the sync correct it, which of course, did absolutely nothing.

Have you guys gotten anywhere with this?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How long has this been happening on insight1, exactly?  I can report it is if is too long. I am too lazy to plug in a combox but I will if this has been long.  
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• sikmusicfreak8
    Been almost a year for me now.
  • Dave Angelini
    You have something configured or broken. I was on insight 1 about christmas. Worked as expected.

• AGB
    How long has this been happening on insight1, exactly?  I can report it is if is too long. I am too lazy to plug in a combox but I will if this has been long.  
    About one and a half years now. I completely reset the combox and also disconnect and reconnect to insight but the problem persist. 
    The tech support couldn't help so he forwarded it to the web dev team but after 4 months, no response even with me following up with emails. I do think it is insight problem as the data in the combo look good. 
  • Dave Angelini
    I will ask Engineering today back in a few days. As I said though, I was on Insight1 for about a week at xmas monitoring a clients home while she was away. No issues. There were over 10,000 registered users worldwide,  Hard to believe this but will ask. Also, good data on combox means nothing if it is not configured to get out to the web.

• Dave Angelini
    edited January 2020 #10
    AGB  They would like your site name on Insight1. You can email me or post it here. They checked mine and said it was fine. Not sure if this will help. You should make sure your combox is on and pushing data out to the web. You do have the green color on your site name right?

• AGB
    AGB  They would like your site name on Insight1. You can email me or post it here. They checked mine and said it was fine. Not sure if this will help. You should make sure your combox is on and pushing data out to the web. You do have the green color on your site name right?

Thank you Dave. I sent it via email to you. 
  • Dave Angelini
    I sent the site name in and they will take a peak. Insight 1 has some news that I will post in a new thread.

• Bonasaman
    Bonasaman Registered Users Posts: 2
    I'm in the same boat.  My site name is Clark_PV.  Mine is yellow, but I think that's because I had a UV warning the last time it was working properly.
  • sikmusicfreak8
    My site was always green, indicating settings were good.  Schneider finally fixed my problem last week and seems to be holding.  Fingers crossed.
  • Dave Angelini
    That is good. Just keep in the back of your mind that with support life of combox ending Gateway is the future and the old insight is not far behind. Prices on Gateway will also start dropping quickly, I think.

Also the mobile app for gateway will have remote control added for your power system. The combox app could never do that.