Net Meter Sample dataset

Hi,
Good Morning

I am developing a Blockchain and AI based solution for tracking Renewable Energy Certificates from inception to retirement. To hone our solution we would like to have access to sample net meter data.

Kindly let me know how to proceed. 

Thanks,
Regards,

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    edited December 2019 #2
    If this is a "regional" need... Then contacting your local/target utility would probably where you need to start. In general, utility meter types/configuration/remote reading/etc. are defined by the utility.

For example, my utility (PG&E) in Northern California, downloads data once every hour for residential and once every 15 minutes for commercial customers.

And ours is a "net" meter measurement (one meter only measures the difference between power used and power generated at the home/site.

And, looking around their website, it turns out that they have a data sharing portal... It appears that "you" would sign up as a destination, and then have the "customer" grant you access:

https://sharemydata.pge.com/myAuthorization/?mobile=true

Other utilities can require two meters... One load meter for the home, and a second generation meter--Obviously more useful information for detailed energy usage.

You can also get whole home energy monitoring systems and install/download your own data... One company that has been around for a long time, and offers different measuring configurations (many others too?):

http://www.theenergydetective.com/

You can measure the total net energy, and you can also measure "branch circuits"--And one branch circuit could be your solar power GT inverter... And then you can reconstruct the home load vs the solar generation.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
    I tend to use line through my blocks rather than chains, although I do use chain falls now and again....LOL

T
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    And here I thought Tony found my mamy vs many typo.

Bill :)
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • crisraj
    crisraj Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thanks Bill and Tony.
    I will checkout the links you provided and as suggested also with my local provider.

I will be finishing a demo version of the application by early next week. My background is in IT - if you could take a look at the demo [2 min video] and give me some pointers that will be really helpful!!

Regards,