If you got Logged out and forum is Asking for a Password Reset... That is OK.

2»

Comments

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    AHhhhhh....    MUCH better !   I feel like myself again !

Thank you Bill !!!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    edited November 2019 #33
    Everyone,

There is a problem of "double spacing" that developed in the middle of today (Friday, November 25th).

It is affecting other Vanilla forums too... And they are working on it.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Another issue, which needs looking into, is that PM’s are supposed to be private messages, but if you look under the Activity tab on the site,PM’s are anything but private.

• BB.
    Actually those are wall posts.

Vanilla is attempting to look like a social media site.

Private messages are still private. they cannot be seen by anybody other than an administrator or our hosting company. As far as I know.

I actually do not like wall postings and had tried to turn it off back when we were still bringing the new form software online.

If you want to send private messages there is a message button on your profile click on that or somebody else is and you can send private messages from there.

Here is my wall postings

and here is the link to your profile, wall postings, message button in the upper-right corner colon

Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭

Bill, Thanks for the explanation. Just seemed like a lot of personal information posted to the public. Maybe Vanilla could put a warning, that info posted onto the wall will become public knowledge.

• wellbuilt
    wellbuilt Solar Expert Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi bill all fixed up now . Thanks so much. John 
    Out back  flex power one  with out back 3648 inverter fm80 charge controler  flex net  mate 16 gc215 battery’s 4425 Watts solar .
  • BB.
    If anyone else is having password issues, let me know:
    -Bill

Hey Bill, 

Just a quick update - earlier this week, we made an API call that should have unblocked anyone that has requested a password reset since November 15th (when we made everyone change passwords).  Since then, we've seen a massive decline in the number of blocked users that are unable to receive that password reset. 

Obviously, if you get any more reports of users unable to reset their passwords, we can investigate.