alvenegas: XW+ questions on AC Passthrough details

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Conext XW+6848 Grid Support mode not working.

Comments

• alvenegas
    alvenegas Registered Users Posts: 7 ✭✭
    Options
    Hello all, having lived Maria as well, I can say that it was in fact 5, but it felt something like medbiller said.  Anyhow, being a noob here too I wanted to ask exactly how is AC Pass Through works.  I have the default of 50V on my XW+6848 and at some point during the night (when battery voltage is ~49.5) it just stops inverting from the batteries and lets AC1 get all the loads.  During this time, the current to both battery banks (2 banks of 8 Deka Solar 8L16) fluctuates between -3A and 3A, keeping the voltage between 49.6 and 50.1.  Can anybody explain me what the inverter is doing or it is supposed to do?  Finally, I appreciate any comments and your time to illustrate me and other that may have the same question.  Thanks!
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Please start a new thread. it does not help others to search when issues get rolled into one package. Thx!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    I have moved alvenegas' questions to his own discussion.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The inverter charger has many user programmable settings and will do what it is programmed to do. The 50V LBCO default will stop inverting and pass the grid or genset thru.

You need to tell us more, like do you sell to the grid? Is there solar? and what you have programmed from the defaults. I have an idea what is happening but need more info.

Maria really sucked and is still a major issue in PR, as you know. 
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net