Upgrade XW6048 to XW6848 Firmware

Options
Hi everyone!!!!
I had to replace an old damage XW6048 with a new XW6848+
it is an installation with two XW. So now I have one XW6048 and one XW6848
there is a technical paper (image attached) that said all you have to do is download an "Upgrade XW package"
so I went ahead with the installation and now, I can not find the "Upgrade XW package" anywhere in the Schneider webpage.
is there any way to trick the old XW6048 to accept the XW6848 firmware?
I did a search on the forum and one user suggest to rename the XW6848 firmware to the same name of the XW6048, but then the user put a warning, "i have never done this"
please advice of any tricks or procedure so I can have the XW6048 and the XW6848 working together in parallel and grid tied.

thanks!!!

Comments

• b. ecologìcAll
    b. ecologìcAll Registered Users Posts: 41 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2019 #2
    Options
    I took the risk, rename the file from the XW6848 with the same name of an old file from the XW6048, press upgrade, and it did the trick! 
    so all of you wondering how to have XW6848 features in an old XW6048, thats the way to do it and it works. 
    first download the technical note "conext-xw-technical-note-compatibility" and read it, so you can be aware of some limitations and considerations.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The limitations are the charger was not designed to stay cool at 140 adc in 6048. Be careful as you are in the realm of not recommended and your 6848+ warranty could be in jeopardy. Schneider always says like devices with like firmware. This type of change can also end with a bricked XW or unknown behavior down the road.   Good Luck
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• TheCornerDweller
    TheCornerDweller Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options
    I recalled reading that it is better to downgrade the se xw 6848 to the latest xw 6048 mainly because the newer model has better equipment and features that can handle the older equipments software. But the older equipment might not have what it takes to run the same level as the newer equipment. 
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Be careful about down grading software/firmware levels with any device... The typical upgrade will take old internal settings/configurations and upgrade them for the new software. Putting older software on a newer revision can brick your system and/or break communications paths to other networked equipment.

Just a general warning... I do not work on these units, so I cannot tell you what to do with them specifically.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset