HVMPPT - Schneider - not working

ecovolt
ecovolt Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
Please help ! I just installed 5 pcs of  MPPT controllers XW600 80  and 4 pcs showing -273 degree and not reading the battery voltage ! 
Is anyone has had this problem so far ?  I cannot make them working ! 

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You will have to give alot more info if you really expect someone to try and help you.

Is it new equipment?
    what is the array configuration?
    What are the equipment models?
    Where are you?
    As much info that you can think of also.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    What are the terminal voltages (Vpanel in and Vbatt out) at the Charge Controllers? Since it seems like you can read the remote battery temperature sensor value, they are powered up? Are you reading it from each controller, or do you have a Xantrex Bus system controller?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • ecovolt
    edited August 2019 #4
    Hi Bill,
    The panels are not connected right now ..but the battery voltage is 48V! ... one charger works ....but not the others. Please see the attachment ! 
  • ecovolt
    Hi Dave, ...it is a new system as you can see more details in the picture.
    I wanted to know if anyone have seen this before. I have a lot of experience with those equiments but never had this issue.
  • Dave Angelini
    It looks like it is working except for the temp. Since they all share Battmon temp data I would not be too concerned. Try a DC powerdown.

If you have not set up an installer account you should. Good Luck
    https://solar.schneider-electric.com/solar-installer-registration/

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, -273°C is "absolute zero".  Likely a default (0) value to which received data is added, which suggests no (or null/gibberish) data is being received.  Networking issue?
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • Dave Angelini
    Doubt it is a networking issue as the devices are showing on combox. It is the default value as you said but it is normal to show this value. I have seen it before but it usually goes away. He has correctly renamed common device models to different numbers so the network is working. 

Look for any faults or warnings logged in combox. Also make sure identical models all have the same firmware. Sometimes one device was not updated in a warehouse and it is causing issues.

Make sure you are signed up in the system to be able to get a voice call in if you need it.

• ecovolt
    edited August 2019 #9
    Guys ! ...finally solved !  It's a bug and I did solve it by resetting the unit at factory default. Please spread the word !  ... I've got full support from Schneider on this topic and this is the way we can solve the issue.  Brilliant support ! ... I guess Schneider is the best in this moment !  This bug will be solved on the next firmware release !   By the way ...the unit will not work with this issue ... the unit is not able to read the battery voltage and soon will go in disable state. The only way is to reset it at factory default and everything goes to normal.
  • Dave Angelini
    Can't spread the word if you do not name the device that has the issue. Assume mppt-80? Also assume the large number of mppt devices is at play here as the mppt has been solid in firmware since new for normal sized systems.

Glad you are up and running.

• ecovolt
    edited August 2019 #11
    Yes Dave ,... It is the XW MPPT600 80  .....but I remember in the past that I had this issue ..... I can't remember when ... but I know that I replace that unit in order to solve the issue. Now is clear how to solve it. I guess that many others will benefit from this topic.
  • Dave Angelini
    Weird what firmware specifically.  I ask because I must have near 100 of these and nothing since when it was new in 2011. I did the field test for this charger. I think it must relate to so many mppt devices. I will ask engineering next week. If you email me a case number I can ask for the internal outcome.

It is normal for other devices to not have temp data displayed. They often state "not available". The devices all share the data from one sensor and more than one sensor can cause issues also.