Outback MATE AGS

freddieoliveras
freddieoliveras Registered Users Posts: 33 ✭✭
edited August 2019 in General Solar Power Topics #1
Hi:
I’m trying to set my MATE AGS (Automatic Generator Start) and:

1.Manual AGS is working without problem, the generator start everytine I click the Manual On and turn off when I click the manual off. 

2. I set the 24hr /2hr /2min setpoints, but when the volt drop to that value (example 2 min setpoint) the AGS does not start, when I check the setpoints values those values are changed automatically it has another values.

I did the restart procedure after starting the generator in manual mode but still doing the same.

I cant understand why those setpoints change automatically.

Any Ideas?

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mate doesn't have 24hr/2hr/2min settings for aux triggered AGS, but the mate is only for fx inverters, not charge controllers, and I don't use AGS. 

My mate does have AGS (inverter aux port) settings for "genalert on" (voltage to turn on, range 10-14v), "genalert on delay" (to avoid false triggers when a pump comes on etc), "genalert off" (battery full), and "genalert off delay".

I wonder if these settings exist on your mate and need to be set so they don't override the 24hr etc settings.  Not sure what the 24hr etc settings are for though.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • freddieoliveras
    I got MATE 2 and you could control the Aux CC80 remotely like with the FX. The 2min/2hr/24hr are timers with a volt setpoint, ex for the 2 min timers you set a volt setpoint lets say 44.4V, so when that setpoint is reached the timer start counting, in this case 2 min, after that the MATE send the AGS start Gen signal (CC80 Aux).
    I cant get it, if a command to ON the generator the generator start but no with the setpoint, also if a set to start the AGS by time (schedule) also the generator start.
  • Estragon
    With multiple ways of starting, does one overrule others? For example, if set to come on at noon, does that disable the 2min voltage trigger (or could the 2min trigger at say 11:55, and the time trigger it again at noon)?

Is there a stop trigger or triggers?  Assuming there is/are, could the stop trigger for the 2min be set to a default voltage lower than your start voltage (eg start at 44.4, default stop at 44v)?

Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • freddieoliveras
    I disable the schedule starting way, but still same problem, timers do not work.
    the timers stop with another setpoint. Same stop setpoint for the three setpoints.
    maybe you are right, some how theres another way to start the generator that I am not seeing. :( I send the issue to outback support but they have not answer me yet
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    In some software schemes... Make sure you save and exit your setup properly. In some of these systems, you can update the local parameters, but until you explicitly "save or write", the parameters may not have been written to "system non-volatile memory". And can be lost when the devices are rebooted and repopulated with data from the main system store (that had not be updated with the save/write command).

-Bill "just a guess" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Estragon
    Do you have a hub in between the controller and mate?  Do you have an Outback inverter?

Looking through the Flexmax manual online, page 81 (mate2 aux menu map) notes the AGS is meant to work with inverter+hub systems, and won't work properly if mate is only connected to a controller.

Off-grid.  
  • freddieoliveras
    I am using a Hub and has two CC880 
  • Estragon
    The note isn't really clear on how/if an inverter affects the AGS operation... maybe Outback support will clarify.

In the meantime, IIRC there's a thing with hub port order and master/slave OB inverters.  Maybe with multiple CCs, port order matters too?
    Off-grid.