Need part numbers or way to identify series or parallel stacking cable for Trace SW inverters.

Options
littleharbor2
littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've been scouring the manuals looking online  etc. and can't seem to find part numbers for these stacking cables. I have 3 or 4 of these cables and don't know which is which. They have a series of numbers and letters printed on them but nowhere do they say Series or Parallel on them.
 Anybody?

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might help from one of my colleagues. let me know if you need more. Stay cool!
    https://millersolar.com/MillerSolar/Resources/Xantrex/_xantrex.html
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• littleharbor2
    Options
    Thanks Dave!  I love information. This will go into the archives for sure. Some interesting reading. 
     I'm having a real dilemma getting any info on the SWI/PAR parallel cable. I see mentions of it throughout Trace and Xantrex literature but nothing more. I see there's a SWI/PAR interface that mounts between two inverters and I think I have one buried in my storage. Will check tomorrow. 
     Yes!, any info regarding these great old inverters is welcome. Of course by now I have all the manuals for the inverters themselves etc. Just the obscure stuff is what I seek. 
     Well I had to shut down the whole shootin match a few weeks ago, not to return till Sept. I am planning on full timing it down there within a year but will likely travel during the mid summer as most of the people I know down there do. The humidity is brutal.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Dave Angelini
    Options
    Not going to be much better in Socal either this week. We woke up to monsoonal moisture and big clouds in the Sierra. Thank the big guy for mini-splits. Will thank him again if there are no dry lightning strikes in this stuff. :*

• littleharbor2
    Options
    Sure do hope your fire situation turns out to be minimal this year. 
    I'm surprised the temps in San Felipe have stayed below the century mark thus far.  10 day shows mid 90's and humidity below 50%.  The humidity can shoot up high in a matter of minutes though. You literally get these wet air bubbles coming off the Sea of Cortez  that will have your window screens dripping water. Running the AC is a good way to make distilled water. You can make gallons of it daily. I don't think I'd use it in batteries but watering, car washing etc. yes.

• Dave Angelini
    Options
    You do have to filter anything naturally distilled in a battery. People have been doing that and rain since the beginning.

We would get out on the decks and wash the dust off and get the boat spiffy just before sunrise in the sea of cortez. Free boat wash!
    Thanks for the good wishes but will knock on wood anyway ;)

Even up here we can get about 10 gallons a day. It is weird as you said, that a couple percent change in humidity, can make or break the water flow. Kind of a pain as it will bring the Bear.

• Dave Angelini
    Options
    The answer I can't remember to the question " is the stacking cable the same as the remote display cable?"
     Not sure if below is accurate, too foggy...
    I'm pretty sure those are different cables, even though they both have the 
    > same 25-pin connector on both ends (the SWI cable has fewer conductors than 
    > the remote cable). It says right on the inverter to only use the special SWI 
    > cable for stacking, and the literature refers to them as different cables 
    > multiple times, while never mentioning that they can be used interchangeably. 
    >