schletter moving from Shelby NC to Charlotte, NC

I am surprised not to see much mention of Schletter solar racking on this forum. Anyways, they almost went backrupt last year.
I emailed them a few times over the last few days with no response. Finally someone got back to me and said they are moving. So if you have been trying to contact them now you know why. 

Comments

• rollandelliott
    rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭
    Schletter is only make huge solar farm racking equipment in USA now, all their residential roof top stuff is made in Germany/Turkey and shipped over the atlantic. I'm worried about their shipping fees. I asked for a quote hopefully they are competitive. 
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to me they may be caught up directly or indirectly in the aluminum tariff thing as well.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • rollandelliott
    Yes they did mention having to shift production from china to Europe. It sounded like they were having components made and then final assembly in USA, which would get the full 25% tarrif vs a completed product which would be taxed much lower. 
  • rollandelliott
    I got a call back saying they are currently not selling residential in usa, might change towards the end of this year or next year 2020.