Conext Xanbus went down.

Options
WaterWheel
WaterWheel Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
I'm posting the email I just sent Schneider.      Perhaps some people here can also assist with this problem.

XW-6848, SCP, and battery monitor were purchased and installed October 2014.    
Friday all was working well and I was able to read the battery meter on the SCP.
Saturday the battery meter did not show on the SCP and the battery meter seemed to have no power.      All other devices showed on the SCP.
I unplugged the Cat 5 cable between the battery monitor and the inverter and when I plugged it back in I got a tiny spark.
The SPC display then died and the inverter shut down and F-69 appeared on the inverter display.
By  removing the CAT 5 cable from the battery monitor to the inverter and putting a network terminator in it's hole I was able to restart the inverter but the SCP still does not power up.    
The SCP Cat 5 cable runs out of the 80-600 controller, not the inverter.
At this point I suspect that the Conext battery monitor has an internal short.       I suspect that when reconnecting the Cat 5 wire I suspect that short has caused damage to other parts of the Xanbus system.
Judging by the flashing lights and limited displays it looks like the XW-6848, the 80-600, and the 60-150 are working properly but without the SCP I can't verify this.
What do we need to do to get this system back up and running?

Conext XW6848 with PDP, SCP, 80/600 controller, 60/150 controller and Conext battery monitor

21 SW280 panels on Schletter ground mount

48v Rolls 6CS 27P

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually when I hear something like this I think does the owner have SPD's in the system?

Without a combox or gateway you really should have a spare SCP. You need a redundant way to access the system.

You probably have done this, with everything DC off for a few minutes repower just the XW and SCP with a 3 foot network cable and terminators.

Good Luck
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• WaterWheel
    WaterWheel Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 #3
    Options
    I did a 10 minute shutdown and restart before making the 1st post but an hour after making the 1st post I went back and pulled unconnected Cat 5 cables from the battery monitor and moved the battery tempature wire from the battery monitor to the inverter before closing the panel and the SCP has now resumed functioning.      I had inset the battery monitor box in the panel below the inverter and didn't want loose wires under the inverter close to where the main battery cables attach to the bottom of the inverter.

Since I saw a small spark when reconnecting the battery monitor to the inverter (Cat 5 cable) when I first started checking the connections I'm leaving the battery monitor off line for now.

Yes, there are several AC and DC SPDs wired in and all are showing their blue "active" lights.

Conext XW6848 with PDP, SCP, 80/600 controller, 60/150 controller and Conext battery monitor

21 SW280 panels on Schletter ground mount

48v Rolls 6CS 27P