Two Outback80 connected

Options
hi, does anyone has info (wirings, how to) connect to outback 80 to the same battery bank each one with a different array?

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    With multiple controllers (and possibly other DC connections, eg inverter), it's best to use buss bars for device connections, and a single +ive and -ive to the bank.  This avoids overcrowding the battery posts, which can cause problems.

The connections are otherwise much the same as shown in the manual for a single controller.  Outputs go to busses (with DC breaker on each +ive, breaker line terminal to battery if polarised). 

IIRC, only one temp sensor needed for multiple CCs.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • freddieoliveras
    freddieoliveras Registered Users Posts: 33 ✭✭
    Options
    thx,
    what about sync? with Outback 80, Do I have to use the MATE? I read in a post that you have to set like a parameter in the MATE for sync the stages.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019 #4
    Options
    I have Outback inverters, which pretty much requires a mate for settings.  The CCs have buttons and a small screen for setting up, but I'd still prefer to have a mate as it's more convenient to set and monitor. 

Syncing charge stages is nice to have, but maybe not essential, so you can probably get away without one.  Without sync, it just means one CC will go into float, with the other holding absorb voltage for a bit longer.  Not really that big of a deal IMHO. 

You'll want each to have its own temp sensor if no networking (mate and hub).  You might also want to look through the manual to make sure all the settings you need are available without the mate.  On my Classics, there are a few (non-essential) settings not in the unit menus but which can be set remotely.  
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter