Running Gateway and ComBox at the same time

neutronspin
neutronspin Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭
Can you add the new Conext Gateway on the same buss with the ComBox already installed?  I am going to upgrade to the new Gateway but want to leave the ComBox on the same buss at first.  Is this possible?....thanks....

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Schneider does not want you to do this.
    However I did this in the beta test and they worked together fine.
    I would not try and install firmware with this set-up.
    I tried this 4 months ago and there are 2 new firmware revisions in the C gateway since then.
    Be careful!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• neutronspin
    Schneider does not want you to do this.
    However I did this in the beta test and they worked together fine.
    I would not try and install firmware with this set-up.
    I tried this 4 months ago and there are 2 new firmware revisions in the C gateway since then.
    Be careful!

Thanks Dave....I think I will just put the system in Standby and remove the ComBox and put the Gateway in place of it on the Xanbus.  I wonder how many early adopters using the device now?....tks again.....
  • Gullo
    Gullo Registered Users Posts: 14 ✭✭

Neutronspin,

I received my Gateway on February 12, and I installed it immediately. It solved a few problems, but it created a couple of others. The firmware updates have been SUPER helpful so far.  It's a great device, and you will enjoy it immensely!

Still, I also installed the Combox with the Gateway (with the Gateway doing the communicating and the Combox just tagging along for the ride - almost like an SCP) for a short while, and I found that it was nice to have all of my information available in my accustomed format, but I almost immediately began having problems dropping charge controllers and battery monitor from Xanbus - among other ghosties…

Not only doesn't Schneider suggest it, but I don't suggest it either. It's far better to simply learn the new GUI and move on from the Combox.

You won't regret it.

Keep that firmware up to date though.

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I was told quite a few legacy users have CG because Insight 2 will allow configuration/monitoring anywhere there is internet. Nice not to port forward like combox did.

There are still a few fixes and things to be done with firmware on CG. It is new and definitely not done. It is really stable but another firmware revision should help. The wifi station mode is one that really needs to get implemented along with the I/O analog and digital controlls.

You don't have to put your system in standby. Just unplug combox xanbus and plug in the gateway.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• neutronspin
    I was told quite a few legacy users have CG because Insight 2 will allow configuration/monitoring anywhere there is internet. Nice not to port forward like combox did.

There are still a few fixes and things to be done with firmware on CG. It is new and definitely not done. It is really stable but another firmware revision should help. The wifi station mode is one that really needs to get implemented along with the I/O analog and digital controlls.

You don't have to put your system in standby. Just unplug combox xanbus and plug in the gateway.
    Thanks Dave....very helpful information.  It will be a welcome addition to my system.  The GUI looks great on the brochure.....Thanks again.....
  • neutronspin
    Gullo said:

Neutronspin,

I received my Gateway on February 12, and I installed it immediately. It solved a few problems, but it created a couple of others. The firmware updates have been SUPER helpful so far.  It's a great device, and you will enjoy it immensely!

Still, I also installed the Combox with the Gateway (with the Gateway doing the communicating and the Combox just tagging along for the ride - almost like an SCP) for a short while, and I found that it was nice to have all of my information available in my accustomed format, but I almost immediately began having problems dropping charge controllers and battery monitor from Xanbus - among other ghosties…

Not only doesn't Schneider suggest it, but I don't suggest it either. It's far better to simply learn the new GUI and move on from the Combox.

You won't regret it.

Keep that firmware up to date though.

Thanks...glad to know there are more satisfied adopters....looking forward to the addition.....