Equalizing with XantrexTrueCharge2

carilchasens
carilchasens Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
XantrexTrueCharge2 TC6012
In what circumstances will unit go into equalize immediately when that function is selected?

Comments

• Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The battery bank(s) would presumably need to have completed a bulk/absorb cycle and be fully charged?
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • carilchasens
    Assume that the bank has been fully charged by solar. Days too short in winter to complete eq with solar after that is achieved. May want to use TrueCharge 2with generator for eq.
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might work out to be more efficient to use generator to bulk early in the day, and let solar finish absorb and EQ later?  That's how I do it, unless I have other loads to run so the generator isn't running just for the small EQ current load.

If the bank has been fully charged, the AC charger will get to Vabsorb fairly quickly, but I think it has to complete a bulk/abs/float cycle before EQ.  If it's done that, and is in float, AFAIK it should go straight to EQ when you hit the buttons.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • carilchasens
    From xantrex customer service
    "the charger will only go int equalize when the unit is in float or rest. every time that the unit has ac removed and then restored it will start a new charge cycle. it may only stay in bulk and asorbition for a short period, but it will start a new charge cycle"