Anyone know how many watts on the roof of a Nissan 3500 HT

Birdog
Birdog Registered Users Posts: 2
Figuring this out is proving impossible!!  and on my critical path to propose the project.  Anyone?   Can you give me an idea of how much solar we can fit on top of a Nissan NV 3500 High Top? (?)  

I'd be very grateful,

Birdog.

Comments

• bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Birdog said:
    Figuring this out is proving impossible!!  and on my critical path to propose the project.  Anyone?   Can you give me an idea of how much solar we can fit on top of a Nissan NV 3500 High Top? (?)  

I'd be very grateful,

Birdog.
    Measure the area.  Convert to square meters.  Multiply by about 180.  That's about what you can get with a "perfect" (BACT) panel under ideal conditions.  Now multiply that by about 70% to get actual power under real world conditions (at noon.)
  • Birdog
    Birdog Registered Users Posts: 2
    Birdog said:

I'd be very grateful,

Birdog.
    Measure the area.  Convert to square meters.  Multiply by about 180.  That's about what you can get with a "perfect" (BACT) panel under ideal conditions.  Now multiply that by about 70% to get actual power under real world conditions (at noon.)
    Thanks for the well thought out response; and will come in handy.  The problem is I'm still hunting for the van...  it will be new or near new; depending on what accountant says.  So I don't have one here to measure.  But seriously thanks for the response.  If you see one on the road; flag it down and measure it!   kidding